Ransomware authors continue improving file-encrypting programs and infection methods for Windows and Android, making these nightmarish attacks harder to avoid.
Facebook has partnered with antivirus firm ESET to offer users the ability to scan their computers for malware directly from inside the social networking site.
After Symantec blew the lid on Regin on Sunday, computer security experts and companies are revealing information that has lead to suspicions that the U.S. and U.K. are involved.
A malware program distributed recently through a rogue server on the Tor anonymity network was also used in targeted attacks against European government agencies.
Android users in Melbourne’s CBD are the most at risk sector of the community for malware threats according to a report released by F-secure.
If you haven't updated your Flash Player with the fixes released on Oct. 14, you may be vulnerable to new attacks using a commercial exploit kit called Fiesta, security researchers warn.
A leaked programming manual for interacting with the physical components of automated teller machines might have helped attackers create malware programs that were used to steal cash from ATMs in various parts of the world this year.
It's generally accepted that antivirus programs provide a necessary protection layer, but organizations should audit such products before deploying them on their systems because many of them contain serious vulnerabilities, a researcher warned.
Eastern European-based attackers gained access to the networks of energy providers by tampering with software updates for industrial control systems, gaining a foothold that could be used for sabotage, Symantec said Monday.
A malware threat previously used in attacks against energy sector companies is now being aimed at organizations that use or develop industrial applications and machines.
Users can test by simply visiting a Web page if their computers have been infected with Gameover Zeus, a sophisticated online banking Trojan that law enforcement officers temporarily disrupted last week.
A new variant of the Gameover computer Trojan is targeting job seekers and recruiters by attempting to steal log-in credentials for Monster.com and CareerBuilder.com accounts.
The creators of a Web-based attack tool called Angler Exploit Kit have added an exploit for a known vulnerability in Microsoft's Silverlight browser plug-in to the tool's arsenal.
Trend Micro has found two malicious browser extensions that hijack Twitter, Facebook and Google+ accounts.
A new piece of digitally signed spyware for Mac OS X uses a special Unicode character in its file name to hide its real file extension from users and trick them into installing it.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC One (M9) review: The weakest One in the trilogy
- 2 Google Nexus 9 review: The best of Google and HTC
- 3 Subaru WRX Premium CVT review: A wolf in sheep’s clothing
- 4 Oppo R5 review: Among the most innovative of smartphones
- 5 Apple Mac Mini review: A Macintosh that's easy on the wallet
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Smaller, lower-priced Microsoft Surface 3 tablet coming in May
- In a haystack of data, Alation helps find the needle
- Apigee aims to unify IoT with APIs
- EPIC appeals to court for FAA drone privacy rules
- Verizon subscribers can now opt out of 'supercookies'
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Ad Operations ManagerNSW
- FTDigital Ad Operations ManagerQLD
- FTMarketing Executive | MusicNSW
- CCInformation ArchitectNSW
- FT.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTMobile Sales managerNSW
- FTDigital Producer - ConsumerNSW
- FTAgency Sales Manager - Software Sales - Major Global Tech Company!NSW
- FTEmail Campaign Manager - leading fashion group!NSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTProduct Producer | MobileNSW
- FTDigital Producer - Mobile AppsNSW
- CCSenior Release EngineerNSW
- FTMedia Sales Executive - Client Side!!NSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- CC.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTApplication Support SpecialistNSW
- CCMobile iOS DeveloperNSW
- FTCRM Campaign ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- FTDigital Communications Specialist | Internet Services| BrisbaneNSW
- FTSenior SQL DBANSW
- CCDBA (Oracle/SQL)NSW