Open-source software projects are often well intended, but security can take a back seat to making the code work.
Cisco Systems released firmware updates for several routers and switches that run its IOS and IOS XE software in order to fix flaws in their autonomic networking infrastructure (ANI) feature.
Microsoft has blacklisted a subordinate CA certificate that was wrongfully used to issue SSL certificates for several Google websites. The action will prevent those certificates from being used in Google website spoofing attacks against Internet Expl...
The number of zero-day and Web browser vulnerabilities shot up in 2014, but overall software vendors are patching faster.
Nearly half of Android devices are vulnerable to an attack that could replace a legitimate app with malicious software that can collect sensitive data from a phone.
Attackers could have remotely installed malware on systems running a flawed Dell support tool used to detect customers' products.
Flash files that are vulnerable to a serious flaw patched by Adobe Systems over three years ago still exist on many websites, exposing users to potential attacks.
You don't need to be the NSA to tap calls on Cisco's SPA 300 and 500 IP phones: An authentication flaw allows potential attackers to do that by default.
SAP has fixed two flaws in a mobile medical app, one of which could have allowed an attacker to upload fake patient data.
It came as a shock to just about no one in the cybersecurity industry that China has a cyberware unit, which was acknowledged by the government there this week.
Cybercriminals are exploiting newly patched vulnerabilities faster, a sign that users and companies need to improve their software updating habits.
Security researchers who participated in the Pwn2Own hacking contest this week demonstrated remote code execution exploits against the top four browsers, and also hacked the widely used Adobe Reader and Flash Player plug-ins.
More than 700,000 ADSL routers provided to customers by ISPs around the world contain serious flaws that allow remote hackers to take control of them.
The mystery high-severity flaw that people were expected to be fixed in OpenSSL is no Heartbleed, but it is serious and users should update.
After a security enthusiast discovered a loophole that allowed him to register a valid SSL certificate for Microsoft's live.fi domain, he tried to responsibly disclose the issue. But instead of thanks he got locked out of his email, phone, Xbox and o...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Upgrading to SAP Hana? This new tool can help prepare your code
- The eyes have it: How one startup aims to change the future of VR
- Gaming on Linux, Steam machines set to soar with DirectX competitor Vulkan
- Google didn't abuse its position in Streetmap case, UK court rules
- New Chromebook won't break with 365-pound person standing on it
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCMultiple Senior Business Analyst opportunitiesSA
- CCSystem AdminVIC
- CCBusiness Objects DeveloperNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/SA/881Asia
- CCSenior PMO Analyst / PMO LeadVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst / Scrum MasterNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - Superannuation FundVIC
- FTWeb Programmer/ DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager - Cloud / Telecommunications (Melb CBD)VIC
- CCAndroid and iOS DevelopersVIC
- CCData Migration SpecialistQLD
- FTLinux AdministratorVIC
- CCJava Development EngineerNSW
- CC.NET DeveloperACT
- CCOracle Applications Projects Functional ConsultantSA
- FTProgram Test DirectorNSW
- CCProcurement Sourcing SpecialistQLD
- FTJunior Software Developer- Complex Tax/ Superannuation SolutionNSW
- CCSolution Architect_Microsoft ArchitectureACT
- CCJava DeveloperVIC
- FTProject Support OfficerWA
- CCProject ManagerSA