Cisco Systems said on Thursday it released a patch for three products that shipped with default encryption keys, posing a risk that an attacker with the keys could decrypt data traffic.
Several antivirus products from security firm ESET had a critical vulnerability that was easy to exploit and could lead to a full system compromise.
Adobe Systems released an emergency security update for Flash Player Tuesday to fix a critical vulnerability that has been exploited by a China-based cyberespionage group.
Government organizations are struggling when it comes to securing the computer software they use, which could partially explain the large data breaches reported in that sector over the past several years.
A revised patch has been released for a flaw in the distribution platform for Ruby applications, RubyGems, which could be used to deliver malware to someone trying to download a program.
Spies working for the U.S. National Security Agency and its British counterpart found anti-virus and security software a hindrance to their intelligence gathering processes, and worked to thwart it, according to a report Monday in The Intercept.
Hard on the heels of the release of a newly updated version of SAP Hana, a security researcher has warned of a potentially serious vulnerability in the in-memory platform.
LinkedIn plans to continue closely vetting researchers for its bug bounty rewards program, saying it reduces the number of distracting erroneous and irrelevant reports.
Many commercial software companies and enterprise in-house developers are churning out applications that are insecure by design due to the rapid and often uncontrolled use of open-source components.
A deeper look into the latest version of malware known as Duqu shows it used digital certificates from prominent contract manufacturer Foxconn Technology Group to help mask its activity.
A security researcher says a vulnerability in Apple's mobile email application could be used to trick someone into divulging their iCloud password.
VMware has released security updates for several of its virtualization products in order to address critical vulnerabilities that could allow attackers to break out of virtual machines and execute rogue code on the host operating systems.
Mozilla is giving a raise to security researchers who spot Firefox browser vulnerabilities, more than doubling its maximum reward for information on the most high-risk flaws.
Internet Explorer, always heavily scrutinized by both security researchers and online attackers, has once again gotten the majority of patches in this month's Microsoft's Patch Tuesday round of monthly bug fixes.
Adobe Systems fixed 13 security issues in Flash Player that could lead to serious attacks, including remote code execution and information disclosure.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Tech21 Evo Xplorer iPhone case review
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Linksys AC600 MU-MIMO WiFi review
- Hardcore Hardware: The CyberPower Pro Streaming I300 is made for Twitch stardom
- Only Apple Music subscribers will get to watch Apple's live music fest this year
- Here's how the Xbox One S stacks up to the original
- WiFi review: Does MU-MIMO currently make a difference?
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCFunctional & System Integration Test AnalystACT
- FTContracts ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst/Designer, Funds ManagementNSW
- CCProject Coordinator (Paying $400-$450 per day)NSW
- CCDesktop Support AnalystNSW
- CCData Centre Solutions Architect - Red Hat, Wintel & VMware - CanberraACT
- CCSenior Security Specialist - McAfeeVIC
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- CCChange LeadsNSW
- CCChange AnalystNSW
- CCManager Architecture Practice Lead (Infrastructure Architect)NSW
- CCInfrastructure Deployment ManagerVIC
- CCAutomation ManagerNSW
- FTNational ICT Senior Technical Support EngineerACT
- CCOracle DBA with Solaris experienceNSW
- CCSenior Solutions Architect - SIEMVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160826/AP/972Asia
- CCProject Manager (Application Dev. & Mgt.) 160906/PM/472Asia
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCICT Contracts ManagerSA
- CCPMO Project AdministratorNSW
- CCSystems Analyst (IT Security/Network & Systems) 160826/SA/652Asia
- CCData ModellerACT
- CCContract IT Assistant (SQL/Windows7/8/10) 160901/AP/781Asia
- CCFull stack Java Developer- NoSQL database, Amazon AWS productsNSW