Developers of the popular vBulletin Internet forum software have issued emergency patches Wednesday in order to fix a SQL injection vulnerability that could allow attackers to read and manipulate information stored in the databases of vBulletin-based...
Nine of Cisco's home and small office cable modems with router and wireless access point functionality need software updates to fix a critical vulnerability that could allow remote attackers to completely compromise them.
Google has set up an internal task force that will work to expose the activities and techniques of malicious Internet wrongdoers, aiming to cut down on the number of targeted cyberattacks.
Oracle has dispelled rumors that the upcoming security update for Java 7 and those it will release in the future might not work on Windows XP.
Popular password manager LastPass said it fixed two vulnerabilities that were found last year. The disclosure comes just ahead of a security conference where a research paper describing the problems is due to be presented.
Financial and business information was stolen from several shipping and logistics firms by sophisticated malware hiding in inventory scanners manufactured by a Chinese company.
Another month of security updates from Microsoft means, once again, another round of fixes for the company's Internet Explorer (IE) Web browser, as well as a set of updates for the Windows operating system, for both the server and desktop editions.
Implementation issues with AVG Secure Search, a browser toolbar from antivirus vendor AVG Technologies that's supposed to protect users from malicious websites, could have allowed remote attackers to execute malicious code on computers.
A vulnerability present in most Android devices allows apps to initiate unauthorized phone calls, disrupt ongoing calls and execute special codes that can trigger other rogue actions.
An Australian teenager has accepted a caution from police rather than face charges for discovering a vulnerability in the website of one of the country's public transport authorities late last year.
Attackers injected malicious code into Dailymotion.com, a popular video sharing website, and redirected visitors to Web-based exploits that installed malware.
Two SQL injection vulnerabilities were patched in Ruby on Rails, a popular open-source Web development framework used by some high-profile websites.
An unprotected SSH access key left inside the Cisco Unified Communications Domain Manager product for remote support purposes allows attackers to take complete control of affected deployments.
A critical vulnerability found in a WordPress plug-in that has been downloaded over 1.7 million times allows potential attackers to take complete control of blogs that use it.
Microsoft has backtracked on a plan to stop sending email-based notifications about security bulletins starting this month.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Logitech's G410 mechanical keyboard is $60 today
- Leaked Microsoft document confirms Windows 10 Cloud and a Chromebook competitor
- Radeon RX 480 owners are transforming their graphics cards into the Radeon RX 580
- EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 review: A ferocious graphics card with a radical cooler
- Why getting the basics right in ITSM is the real advantage for businesses
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTProject Administrator - Telecommunications InfrastructureNSW
- FTProject EngineerNSW
- TPProject Manager | HealthQLD
- TPEnterprise ArchitectQLD
- CCAutomation DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst Forecaster - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCTelecommunication Business SpecialistVIC
- FTField Engineer - Hardware RolloutsNSW
- TPSOE EngineerACT
- FTFirewall EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Full Stack Web DeveloperACT
- TPSharePoint DeveloperQLD
- FTBusiness AnalystACT
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)QLD
- CCInteraction DesignerNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerSA
- FTSenior Security SpecialistNSW
- FTData Analyst - Tableau and Power BI suiteNSW
- FTWindows Server Engineer MCSE, SCCM, SCOM, PowershellNSW
- CCNetwork Engineer FIFO WeipaQLD
- FTRisk and Quality ManagerNSW
- CCFull Stack Developers x4!QLD
- FTLevel 3 Application Support AnalystVIC
- CCWindows System EngineerNSW
- FTPMO - Master SchedulerVIC