A zero-day flaw in a software driver in Symantec's widely used Endpoint Protection product may be tricky to fix.
A security audit of 10 popular Internet-connected devices - components of the so-called Internet of Things - identified an alarmingly high number of vulnerabilities.
It's generally accepted that antivirus programs provide a necessary protection layer, but organizations should audit such products before deploying them on their systems because many of them contain serious vulnerabilities, a researcher warned.
Symantec's Endpoint Protection product has three zero-day flaws that could allow a logged-in user to move to a higher access level on a computer, according to a penetration testing and training company.
The majority of Android devices currently in use contain a vulnerability that allows malware to completely hijack installed apps and their data or even the entire device.
A configuration problem in Facebook's popular Instagram application for Apple devices could allow a hacker to hijack a person's account if they're both on the same public Wi-Fi network.
Attackers are exploiting a vulnerability in distributed search engine software Elasticsearch to install DDoS malware on Amazon and possibly other cloud servers.
Vulnerabilities in the Tails operating system could reveal your IP address, but you can avoid trouble by taking a couple of precautions.
The Russian Ministry of Interior is willing to pay 3.9 million roubles, or around US$111,000, for a method to identify users on the Tor network.
A critical vulnerability found recently in a popular newsletter plug-in for WordPress is actively being targeted by hackers and was used to compromise an estimated 50,000 sites so far.
A vulnerability broker published a video demonstrating one of several flaws it has found in the privacy-focused Tails operating system, which is used by those seeking to make their Web browser harder to trace.
A vulnerability in a web-based graphics system led to a breach of The Wall Street Journal's network by a hacker, the newspaper acknowledged late Tuesday.
Developers of Tor software believe they've identified a weakness that was scheduled to be revealed at the Black Hat security conference next month that could be used to de-anonymize Tor users.
Advocacy group the Electronic Frontier Foundation wants to address the poor security track record of home routers with a new firmware project that will encourage users to share their Internet connection publicly by setting up guest Wi-Fi networks.
Researchers are gearing up to hack an array of different home routers during a contest next month at the Defcon 22 security conference.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Hands-on: Microsoft's Surface Studio is a Windows PC for the Mac crowd
- Renewable energy represented more than half of all new power capacity in '15
- Apple postpones the AirPods release date to ???
- Microsoft quietly unveils a Surface mouse and desktop keyboards for Surface Studio
- Microsoft's Surface Book i7 doubles the GPU performance of its predecessor
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSystems SpecialistNSW
- FTFront End Developer / UXNSW
- CCURGENT REQUIREMENT - Business AnalystACT
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectWA
- FTNetwork Specialist - Palo Alto FirewallsVIC
- CCIT Project CoordinatorNSW
- CCDesktop SupportNSW
- FTSenior UX DesignerAsia
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectQLD
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - UNIX/LinuxVIC
- FTMultiple Permanent Project Manager rolesACT
- CCSenior Technical Specialist SQL & Sybase DBAVIC
- FTTechnical Business AnalystQLD
- TPProject ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- TPEDRMS Project ManagerVIC
- TPProject Manager - AgileWA
- FTSenior Wintel System EngineerWA
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse ManagementNSW
- CCContract Programmer (Internet/Intranet) 161019/P/615Asia
- CCStrategy AnalystVIC
- CCAnalyst Programmer (12-month renewable Contract)Asia
- FTEnterprise Database Manager - Defence - Permanent - Sydney CBDNSW
- CCContract Computer Operator (UNIX/Windows-based) 161014/CO/vmtAsia
- TPService Desk AnalystVIC