AV vendors, in fierce competition for users, should remember that cooperation is key in fighting malware, a top Microsoft security official said Friday.
Microsoft fixed a critical vulnerability Tuesday in the Windows cryptographic library that could expose Windows servers to remote code execution attacks. The update also adds support for stronger and more modern cryptographic ciphers to older Windows...
Adobe Systems released critical security updates Tuesday for Flash Player to address 18 vulnerabilities, many of which can be remotely exploited to compromise underlying systems.
Microsoft's Enhanced Mitigation Experience Toolkit (EMET), a security program popular with companies, was updated Monday to harden the exploit mitigations that it adds to other programs and to address compatibility issues with some of them.
For the past four years a group of sophisticated hackers has compromised the networks of luxury hotels to launch malware attacks against corporate executives and entrepreneurs traveling on business in the Asia-Pacific region.
Cisco Systems released patches for its small business RV Series routers and firewalls to address vulnerabilities that could allow attackers to execute arbitrary commands and overwrite files on the vulnerable devices.
Google released a tool that can be used to test whether the SSL/TLS encrypted connections opened by applications or devices are vulnerable to man-in-the-middle attacks.
Google plans to remove support for the aging Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) version 3.0 protocol in Google Chrome 40, which is expected to ship in about two months.
The critical Shellshock vulnerabilities found last month in the Bash Unix shell have motivated security researchers to search for similar flaws in old, but widely used, command-line utilities.
Users of Drupal, one of the most popular content management systems, should consider their sites compromised if they didn't immediately apply a security patch released on Oct. 15.
Since 2011 a group of attackers has been targeting companies that operate industrial control systems with a backdoor program called BlackEnergy.
Russia is likely behind a long-running computer spying campaign, although the stealthy attacks leave fewer clues than other state-sponsored attacks, according to a new report from FireEye.
One of the first things a malware analyst does when encountering a suspicious executable file is to extract the text strings found inside it, because they can provide immediate clues about its purpose. This operation has long been considered safe, bu...
Many companies set up subdomains for use with external services, but then forget to disable them when they stop using those services, creating a loophole for attackers to exploit.
Apple will stop support next week for an encryption protocol found to contain a severe vulnerability, the company said on Wednesday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Newegg has lowered the price of HP's Stream 11 Pro G2 to $180
- Acer's Predator X27 G-Sync HDR monitor is infused with every feature you could ask for
- How to find the Windows 10 Creators Update's hidden desktop themes
- AMD updates Ryzen drivers with a new power profile and the promise of better performance
- Dell XPS 15 vs. MacBook Pro 15: Fight!
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTFront End .Net Developer. Permanent job . ACT LocationACT
- CCSecurity ConsultantVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- TPIT Service ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Test Analyst - Gov & Remedy/Service Now backgroundNSW
- FTSolution Architect - SecurityVIC
- TPBusiness Intelligence DeveloperSA
- TPIntermediate Change ManagerQLD
- FTBusiness Process AnalystWA
- CCBusiness Analyst (Mid-level)VIC
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTProgram L&D Manager, Financial ServicesNSW
- CCSenior Full Stack Web DeveloperACT
- CCSenior Full-Stack Developer (Digital Transformation Project)QLD
- FTSenior Information Security SpecialistQLD
- FTSenior / Lead iOS DeveloperNSW
- FTMid-Level .NET DeveloperVIC
- TPProject ManagerQLD
- CCSenior Linux AdministratorNSW
- FTUI/UX DesignerSA
- FTSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Desktop Engineer - SCCM / AD / 2012 ServerNSW
- FTSenior Java DeveloperQLD
- FTIntegration Specialist - TIBCONSW
- FTNetwork Engineer - CCNP - WeipaQLD