he January 2015 edition of Microsoft Patch Tuesday might be more notable for what the monthly release of security bulletins does not contain -- there are no fixes for the Microsoft Explorer browser this month.
Several photo, video and other media editing programs from software maker Corel contain DLL hijacking vulnerabilities that could allow attackers to execute malicious code on users' computers.
Google released details of a second unpatched privilege escalation flaw in Windows 8.1 in less than a month, drawing criticism from Microsoft.
Server administrators are advised to upgrade OpenSSL again to fix eight new vulnerabilities, two of which can lead to denial-of-service (DoS) attacks.
A vulnerability in Asuswrt, the firmware running on many wireless router models from Asustek Computer, allows attackers to completely compromise the affected devices. Malicious hackers, however, need to launch their attacks from within the local netw...
CryptoWall, one of a family of malware programs that encrypts files and demands a ransom from victims, has undergone a revamp that is frustrating security researchers.
Apple has fixed an issue that could have allowed attackers to launch brute-force attacks against iCloud users in order to guess their passwords.
Three vendors have released fixes for vulnerabilities found in the critical firmware used during a computer's startup, according to an advisory from the U.S. Computer Emergency Readiness Team.
A Google researcher has disclosed an unpatched vulnerability in Windows 8.1 after Microsoft didn't fix the problem within a 90-day window Google gave its competitor.
In today's world of agile software development and fast release cycles, developers increasingly rely on third-party libraries and components to get the job done. Since many of those libraries come from long-running, open-source projects, developers o...
Three out of three? That could be the score for the U.S. National Security Agency's cryptographic "most wanted" list of 2012.
Attackers can infect MacBook computers with highly persistent boot rootkits by connecting malicious devices to them over the Thunderbolt interface.
An open-source component used to display PDF files on WikiLeaks.org and other websites contains vulnerabilities that could be exploited to launch cross-site scripting (XSS) and content spoofing attacks against visitors.
Remote code execution vulnerabilities in the standard implementation of the network time protocol (NTP) can be exploited by attackers to compromise servers, embedded devices and even critical infrastructure systems that run UNIX-like operating system...
A critical vulnerability in client software used to interact with Git, a distributed revision control system for managing source code repositories, allows attackers to execute rogue commands on computers used by developers.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 3 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
- 5 Parrot Mambo Drone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- Smartwatches wear out their welcome with Motorola
- The mysteries of the GPU in Apple's iPhone 7 are unlocked
- Apple reportedly betting on drones and indoor data to make Maps better
- Apple now takes your old Apple Watch for free recycling
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCIdentity and Access Management SMENSW
- TPSenior Test Analyst - Data ReconciliationQLD
- CCTest Lead : Perth BasedACT
- FTPHP DevelopersQLD
- CCService Desk Consultant - Must have baseline or NV1 clearanceNSW
- CCMainframe Developer (with ASP.NET)VIC
- CCNetwork Solution Designer/Architect - Finance - Contract - SydneyNSW
- CCIT Systems AnalystNSW
- CCIngres DeveloperVIC
- FTDevelopment Manager / Engineering Manager - Canberra RoleACT
- TPProject ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Automation TesterSA
- CCERP Benefits ManagerNSW
- CCCloud Solution Architect - Financial Services - Continuous IntegrationNSW
- TPPrincipal Project ManagerQLD
- TPIT Project CoordinatorVIC
- TPSenior Business Analyst - HRISQLD
- FTSenior Network Engineer JUNIPERNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst- Agile DigitalVIC
- CCProject Manager / Business Analyst - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCAgile Iteration ManagerNSW
- CCFunctional SAP IS Specialist (Logistics / Retail)SA
- FTBusiness Reporting AnalystNSW
- CCApplication Blueprinting Engineer ( Developer).ACT
- CCService Desk Quality Assurance SpecialistNSW