he January 2015 edition of Microsoft Patch Tuesday might be more notable for what the monthly release of security bulletins does not contain -- there are no fixes for the Microsoft Explorer browser this month.
Several photo, video and other media editing programs from software maker Corel contain DLL hijacking vulnerabilities that could allow attackers to execute malicious code on users' computers.
Google released details of a second unpatched privilege escalation flaw in Windows 8.1 in less than a month, drawing criticism from Microsoft.
Server administrators are advised to upgrade OpenSSL again to fix eight new vulnerabilities, two of which can lead to denial-of-service (DoS) attacks.
A vulnerability in Asuswrt, the firmware running on many wireless router models from Asustek Computer, allows attackers to completely compromise the affected devices. Malicious hackers, however, need to launch their attacks from within the local netw...
CryptoWall, one of a family of malware programs that encrypts files and demands a ransom from victims, has undergone a revamp that is frustrating security researchers.
Apple has fixed an issue that could have allowed attackers to launch brute-force attacks against iCloud users in order to guess their passwords.
Three vendors have released fixes for vulnerabilities found in the critical firmware used during a computer's startup, according to an advisory from the U.S. Computer Emergency Readiness Team.
A Google researcher has disclosed an unpatched vulnerability in Windows 8.1 after Microsoft didn't fix the problem within a 90-day window Google gave its competitor.
In today's world of agile software development and fast release cycles, developers increasingly rely on third-party libraries and components to get the job done. Since many of those libraries come from long-running, open-source projects, developers o...
Three out of three? That could be the score for the U.S. National Security Agency's cryptographic "most wanted" list of 2012.
Attackers can infect MacBook computers with highly persistent boot rootkits by connecting malicious devices to them over the Thunderbolt interface.
An open-source component used to display PDF files on WikiLeaks.org and other websites contains vulnerabilities that could be exploited to launch cross-site scripting (XSS) and content spoofing attacks against visitors.
Remote code execution vulnerabilities in the standard implementation of the network time protocol (NTP) can be exploited by attackers to compromise servers, embedded devices and even critical infrastructure systems that run UNIX-like operating system...
A critical vulnerability in client software used to interact with Git, a distributed revision control system for managing source code repositories, allows attackers to execute rogue commands on computers used by developers.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Asus unveils Zenbo, a cute robot for the home priced at $599
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 review: The new people's champion topples Titans
- Powerful gaming PC backpacks are becoming a thing as VR craze swells
- Nvidia's GeForce GTX 1080 launches with limited stock, no custom-cooled variants
- Review: DJI’s Phantom 4 drone makes high-flying tech easier (video)
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSystems Engineer- VMware / Cisco UCSNSW
- CCTechnical PM - Magento E-Commerce SolutionNSW
- CCOracle Application Administrator - July startACT
- CCProject SpecialistVIC
- CCAccess Control Administration / Help desk OperatorACT
- CCSenior Project ManagerVIC
- CCTechnical WriterNSW
- FTMid-Level Full-Stack Java DeveloperVIC
- FTNetwork Engineer- LinuxWA
- CCExcel DeveloperVIC
- CCSolutions Architect - Enterprise ApplicationsNSW
- CCSystems Analyst (HTML/JAVA/Wireless & Mobile) 160525/SA/443Asia
- CCProject Manager/Iteration ManagerVIC
- CCSr Service ManagementACT
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Canberra | Major exciting White Paper projectsNSW
- FTStorage SpecialistVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst or Information AnalystNSW
- CCMicrosoft System Engineer - NV1ACT
- CCProgram Business AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Full-Stack .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTAgile CoachNSW
- CCSoftware Engineer (Client facing) - Publisher SolutionsNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCNetwork Architect VoiceNSW
- FTPeoplesoft CRM DeveloperWA