BitTorrent applications used by hundreds of millions of users around the world could be tricked into participating in distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attacks, amplifying the malicious traffic generated by attackers by up to 50 times.
An Italian teenager has found two zero-day vulnerabilities in Apple's OS X operating system that could be used to gain remote access to a computer.
An unpatched vulnerability in the Google Admin application for Android can allow rogue applications to steal credentials that could be used to access Google for Work acccounts.
Google has released another patch for the Stagefright vulnerability after a security firm said the first one didn't fix it.
Three “high risk” vulnerabilities in SAP Mobile could give attackers access to encrypted information stored in mobile devices, security firm Onapsis reported Wednesday.
As if recent research on car hacking wasn't frightening enough, a new study shows yet another danger to increasingly networked vehicles.
Oracle published, then quickly deleted, a blog post criticizing third-party security consultants and the enterprise customers who use them.
With their own dedicated processor and operating system, LTE/3G modems built into new business laptops and tablets could be a valuable target for hackers by providing a stealthy way to maintain persistent access to an infected device.
An attack using the SMB file sharing protocol that has been believed to work only within local area networks for over a decade can also be executed over the Internet, two researchers showed at the Black Hat security conference.
A group of Israeli researchers have improved on a way to steal data from air-gapped computers, thought to be safer from attack due to their isolation from the Internet.
A design flaw in the x86 processor architecture dating back almost two decades could allow attackers to install a rootkit in the low-level firmware of computers, a security researcher said Thursday. Such malware could be undetectable by security prod...
Many smart phone manufacturers preload remote support tools on their Android devices in an insecure way, providing a method for hackers to take control of the devices through rogue apps or even SMS messages.
Software-defined switches hold a lot of promise for network operators, but new research due to be presented at Black Hat will show that security measures haven't quite caught up yet.
An improved attack on the firmware in Apple computers makes them vulnerable to hard-to-detect malware without even being connected to a network, according to a Black Hat conference presentation due to be given later this week.
In late 2008, a worm called Conficker began infecting millions of computers, startling the computer security community into action.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Asus unveils Zenbo, a cute robot for the home priced at $599
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 review: The new people's champion topples Titans
- Powerful gaming PC backpacks are becoming a thing as VR craze swells
- Nvidia's GeForce GTX 1080 launches with limited stock, no custom-cooled variants
- Review: DJI’s Phantom 4 drone makes high-flying tech easier (video)
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCNetwork AdministratorWA
- CCICT Fleet and Equipment Audit ResourcesSA
- FTSenior Full-Stack .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCAnalyst Programmer (Enterprise Java Beans/J2EE) 160601/AP/982Asia
- CCSenior IT Security Specialist-SANS, ISC2, ISACA, ITILNSW
- CCICT Contracts and Procurement SpecialistACT
- CCRelease Manager, SAPNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160606/AP/251Asia
- CCTechnical WriterNSW
- CCIT Change CoordinatorNSW
- FTAX Lead Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCProject Manager - Healthcare DomainSA
- CCSr Service ManagementACT
- CCOracle Application Administrator - July startACT
- FTNV1, NV2 Network Engineers | Permanent role with diverse Defence projectsACT
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Major exciting White Paper projectsACT
- FTSenior Developer (.Net)SA
- CCChange Manager - SAP FinanceNSW
- FTSystems EngineerACT
- CCData Feeds Developer | Financial Services | C# & SQLNSW
- CCSkilled Sitecore / .NET DeveloperNSW
- CCBPM / Java DeveloperNSW
- CCSAP Hanna ConsultantNSW
- CCInfrastructure Deployment ManagerVIC
- CCData Engineer | Real Time StreamingNSW