After Microsoft acquired Skype earlier this month for $8.5 billion, most of the questions revolved around how Skype's IM, voice and video calling features will fit into Microsoft enterprise products such as Outlook and Lync.
Things will get rowdier for vendors of cloud collaboration, communication and office productivity applications now that Microsoft plans to unleash a take-no-prisoners assault on the market with Office 365.
Microsoft has begun upgrading cloud-based Exchange and SharePoint services to its 2010 offerings, but the migration is expected to last all year and many customers may see only a "preview" version of the technology in 2010.
After reversing course on Exchange 2007 support, Microsoft now says a third service pack for the messaging server that adds compatibility with Windows Server 2008 R2 will ship in the second half of next year.
Microsoft Tuesday launched a public beta for software that ties Mac users more closely to Exchange mail servers, making good on a promise the company announced earlier this month.
When iPhones first started trickling into my office, I was a little apprehensive. At the time they only supported IMAP and POP3 for e-mail, which can be tricky to support in an Exchange environment. Two generations later, the iPhone has become a robu...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go,' are all our jobs next?
- Make a $40 Linux or Android PC with new Raspberry Pi 2 rival
- Researcher finds serious flaw in Chromium-based Avast SafeZone browser
- Dridex banking malware mysteriously hijacked to distribute antivirus program
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCService EngineerVIC
- CCApplications DeveloperQLD
- CCSolutions ArchitectNSW
- CCChange LeadNSW
- CCData Migration SpecialistQLD
- CCSAP CRM Specialist- ABAPACT
- CCSenior Business AnalystWA
- CCMid-level DevOps EngineerNSW
- FTJunior Developer | C#, MVC & SQL | Class FinanceNSW
- CCSenior Test AnalystSA
- FTAxway API DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Oracle DBANSW
- CCProject Manager IT infrastructureACT
- CCChange CoordinatorNSW
- FTTeam Lead ITIL- Permanent OpportunityVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java, Oracle ADF) 160115/AP/vhsAsia
- FTJava Web Development OpportunityVIC
- CCHybris Developer - Global ConsultancyNSW
- CCSSIS/ SSRS ExpertVIC
- CCOracle Business Analyst / TrainerSA
- CCTechnical Integration Specialist - MicrosoftACT
- CCProgram Portfolio LeadVIC
- FTOracle System Integration Engineer - CANBERRASA
- CCSenior Product Specialist - Cisco CPENSW