After Microsoft acquired Skype earlier this month for $8.5 billion, most of the questions revolved around how Skype's IM, voice and video calling features will fit into Microsoft enterprise products such as Outlook and Lync.
Things will get rowdier for vendors of cloud collaboration, communication and office productivity applications now that Microsoft plans to unleash a take-no-prisoners assault on the market with Office 365.
Microsoft has begun upgrading cloud-based Exchange and SharePoint services to its 2010 offerings, but the migration is expected to last all year and many customers may see only a "preview" version of the technology in 2010.
After reversing course on Exchange 2007 support, Microsoft now says a third service pack for the messaging server that adds compatibility with Windows Server 2008 R2 will ship in the second half of next year.
Microsoft Tuesday launched a public beta for software that ties Mac users more closely to Exchange mail servers, making good on a promise the company announced earlier this month.
When iPhones first started trickling into my office, I was a little apprehensive. At the time they only supported IMAP and POP3 for e-mail, which can be tricky to support in an Exchange environment. Two generations later, the iPhone has become a robu...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Tech21 Evo Xplorer iPhone case review
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Why the best value TVs are 55 inches (it’s different for curved)
- EVE Online's going free to play after 13 subscription-only years of epic space battles
- Asus embraces the round face trend in smartwatches with the ZenWatch 3
- Hands-on: Samsung's Gear S3 smartwatch is big, bold, and ready to phone home
- Apple's new 2TB iCloud storage tier will give your iPhone tons of space
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSAP ArchitectSA
- CCSenior Project Specialist - Network IPVIC
- CCETL DeveloperACT
- CCStorage / Server EngineerNSW
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCOracle/Java/Applications DeveloperACT
- CCBackfill Support Engineer (Renewable 12-month Contract)Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle) 160902/AP/625Asia
- CCHead of Enterprise Organisational Change- GovernanceNSW
- CCSenior Manager - Infrastructure Supply ChainNSW
- FTBusiness Development ManagerVIC
- CCBig Data SpecialistNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst (Superannuation)NSW
- CCSenior Change Analyst, WealthNSW
- CCSoftware Delivery ManagerACT
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager (12-month renewable contract)Asia
- CCTest LeadSA
- CCOracle DBA with Solaris experienceNSW
- FTData AnalystsWA
- CCSenior IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160817/SITA/902Asia
- FTUnix Systems AdministratorNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160826/AP/972Asia
- CCABAP DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager - Contact CentresNSW
- FTClient Engagement ManagerVIC