The European Commission issued a call to arms to European lawmakers and those involved in the process of digitizing books Monday, urging the European Union to create a "pro-competitive European" answer to the legal arrangement Google and others seek ...
Microsoft has changed its proposed browser "ballot screen" to wrap up a nine-month antitrust case in the European Union, but rivals remained noncommittal today about whether the modifications are enough.
The European Commission has ordered all makers of portable music players to add a default volume setting of around 80 decibels (dB) and a health warning to all new devices within the next two years.
In an unusual move, the European Commission unveiled e-mail exchanges between Intel and computer manufacturers that its antitrust officials describe as "smoking gun" evidence from the probe that resulted in the chip maker being fined just over $1.45 ...
Nearly a third of Europeans have never been online, according to a EU report.
Microsoft will add a file format "ballot" to Office 2010, part of a wider move to fend off European Union (EU) antitrust regulators and block massive fines.
Microsoft may have denied that it's gouging European customers with its Windows 7 pricing, but an analysis by Computerworld shows that EU buyers will be paying as much as 163% more for some of the company's in-place Anytime Upgrades.
Microsoft on Thursday bowed to critics involved in the company's European antitrust case who have accused it of silently changing users' default browsers, a move that may be aimed at Brussels-based regulators.
Microsoft's European online store crashed today under the load from customers eager to grab discounted copies of Windows 7.
Intel on Tuesday reported that its net income for the second fiscal quarter of 2009 dropped US$2 billion year-over-year because of the hefty fine imposed on the chip maker by the European Commission.
Microsoft today told European consumers that they won't be able to do an "in-place" upgrade from Vista to Windows 7 when the latter ships this fall. In response, the company said it will sell full editions of the new OS at upgrade version prices.
Europeans who purchase Vista-powered PCs starting Friday will have to do a "clean install" of the free Windows 7 upgrade they'll receive later this year because Microsoft has yanked Internet Explorer from the new OS, according to a Web site that regu...
A Microsoft enthusiast group is calling for the boycott of Opera Software's products due to the browser maker's part in the antitrust campaign against Microsoft in Europe.
Microsoft will offer European customers an "Internet Pack" that includes IE8 when they buy a retail copy of Windows 7, which will be sold sans browser, the company said late last week.
The European Union's antitrust case against Microsoft Corp. over Internet Explorer could be a nightmare for small- and medium-sized computer makers and set a dangerous precedent, a longtime trade group ally of Microsoft argued today.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Samsung sees 2016 profit jump despite Note 7 debacle
- Microsoft's first Creators Update features for Xbox One focus on Home, Guide, Copilot
- Google wants to bring smart tools to Raspberry Pi-like boards
- How to create and restore an image backup in Windows 10
- Microsoft revives free Windows 10 upgrade for SMBs
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- FTJnr Security SOC Analyst (Tier 1) - Permanent - North Ryde BasedNSW
- TPPMO SchedulerNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantNSW
- CCNetwork Security Specialist - Palo Alto Firewall ExpertVIC
- FTIOS DeveloperNSW
- FTNode.js/API DeveloperNSW
- CCEnterprise Solution Architect - Customer Experience PlatformsNSW
- FTSalesforce Technical Business AnalystQLD
- CCSenior Applications Project Manager - Office 365QLD
- FTTechnical Business AnalystVIC
- FTPHP DeveloperQLD
- CCEnterprise ArchitectQLD
- TPProject Services OpportunitiesSA
- CCAgile CoachWA
- FTBI Tech Lead l Informatica ETL , Microstrategy, Hadoop, Qlikiew, SalesforceNSW
- TPICT Project CoordinatorQLD
- FTC ProgrammerACT
- FTRegional Sales Manager - Telco/ICT - Employer of choiceQLD
- FTTrading Systems EngineerNSW
- FTApplication Developer - FileNetVIC
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- TPProject Technical LeadQLD
- TPBusiness Objects DeveloperNSW
- TPTechnical Solutions Architect-Dynamics CRMVIC