Android users have been warned to read reviews on Google’s Play Store to avoid downloading malicious porn clicker-type apps to their smartphone.
An infamous piece of malware called Bayrob, first discovered in 2007, has begun to show up disproportionately, targeting A/NZ.
Malwarebytes said it may take three to four weeks to fix flaws in its consumer product found by Google security researcher Tavis Ormandy.
Google has removed dozens of apps from its Play Store that purport to be games but secretly click on advertisements on pornographic websites.
Several antivirus products from security firm ESET had a critical vulnerability that was easy to exploit and could lead to a full system compromise.
A collection of computer Trojans that have been used since 2009 to steal data from government agencies, military contractors, media organizations and other companies is tied to cyberespionage malware possibly created by French intelligence agencies.
Facebook has partnered with antivirus firm ESET to offer users the ability to scan their computers for malware directly from inside the social networking site.
It's generally accepted that antivirus programs provide a necessary protection layer, but organizations should audit such products before deploying them on their systems because many of them contain serious vulnerabilities, a researcher warned.
A ransomware threat that encrypts files stored on the SD memory cards of Android devices has been updated to target English-speaking users with FBI-themed alerts.
Victims of Simplocker, the first file-encrypting ransomware threat for Android devices, can recover files without paying cybercriminals because the malicious program uses a hardcoded encryption key.
An Android Trojan program originally designed to steal mobile banking credentials from Russian users was recently retrofitted with ransomware functionality and has started infecting users in the U.S., using photos of its victims to intimidate them in...
The ransomware model is increasingly being adopted by cybercriminals who target mobile users, one of their latest creations being able to encrypt files stored on the SD memory cards of Android devices.
Law enforcement agencies in 111 countries collaborated to disrupt thousands of online pharmacies in what Interpol claims was the largest ever global operation targeting organized criminal networks that sell fake medicines.
A piece of malware targeting Russian-speaking Android users abuses a person's contact list to try and infect other devices, according to security vendor Eset.
Cybercriminals have started using a sophisticated Android Trojan app designed for e-banking fraud to target Facebook users, possibly in an attempt to bypass the two-factor authentication protection on the social network.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Tech21 Evo Xplorer iPhone case review
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- WiFi review: Does MU-MIMO currently make a difference?
- Check out our Father’s Day Gift Guide
- Stratasys unveils mega, robotic 3D printers to build large parts
- iOS 10 gives apps room to grow
- Google is bringing its Wi-Fi Assistant feature to all Nexus phones
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTRelease & Configuration Manager | Defence intelligence application | NV1 clearedACT
- FTIT ManagerNSW
- CCSolutions Architect - Office 365/Sharepoint/Project OnlineQLD
- FTBack End Developer - Java, Spring, RESTNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/Oracle) 160822/AP/259Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160824/AP/531Asia
- CCBusiness Intelligence Business AnalystSA
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - Active DirectoryVIC
- FTIT Manager - Infrastructure Strategy and OperationsNSW
- FTSAP FI/CO module- Tester/ Quality AnalystNSW
- FTChange Management Specialist - IT Service ManagementNSW
- CCProject Manager - Operational TechnologyQLD
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- CCBI-Business Intelligence Technical LeadNSW
- CCSenior Solutions Architect - SIEMVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager, Cyber Security TransformationNSW
- CCDevOps Engineer - Php, LAMP, XML, scripting, JavaNSW
- CCITIL- Technical Release CoordinatorNSW
- FTIT ManagerAsia
- FTUNIX, LINUX , VM System AdministrationNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE) 160901/AP/781Asia
- CCProject Coordinator (Paying $400-$450 per day)NSW
- FTBid Manager - Intelligent TechnologyVIC
- FTSharePoint DeveloperNSW