Malwarebytes said it may take three to four weeks to fix flaws in its consumer product found by Google security researcher Tavis Ormandy.
Google has removed dozens of apps from its Play Store that purport to be games but secretly click on advertisements on pornographic websites.
Several antivirus products from security firm ESET had a critical vulnerability that was easy to exploit and could lead to a full system compromise.
A collection of computer Trojans that have been used since 2009 to steal data from government agencies, military contractors, media organizations and other companies is tied to cyberespionage malware possibly created by French intelligence agencies.
Facebook has partnered with antivirus firm ESET to offer users the ability to scan their computers for malware directly from inside the social networking site.
It's generally accepted that antivirus programs provide a necessary protection layer, but organizations should audit such products before deploying them on their systems because many of them contain serious vulnerabilities, a researcher warned.
A ransomware threat that encrypts files stored on the SD memory cards of Android devices has been updated to target English-speaking users with FBI-themed alerts.
Victims of Simplocker, the first file-encrypting ransomware threat for Android devices, can recover files without paying cybercriminals because the malicious program uses a hardcoded encryption key.
An Android Trojan program originally designed to steal mobile banking credentials from Russian users was recently retrofitted with ransomware functionality and has started infecting users in the U.S., using photos of its victims to intimidate them in...
The ransomware model is increasingly being adopted by cybercriminals who target mobile users, one of their latest creations being able to encrypt files stored on the SD memory cards of Android devices.
Law enforcement agencies in 111 countries collaborated to disrupt thousands of online pharmacies in what Interpol claims was the largest ever global operation targeting organized criminal networks that sell fake medicines.
A piece of malware targeting Russian-speaking Android users abuses a person's contact list to try and infect other devices, according to security vendor Eset.
Cybercriminals have started using a sophisticated Android Trojan app designed for e-banking fraud to target Facebook users, possibly in an attempt to bypass the two-factor authentication protection on the social network.
A botnet that was slowly shrinking has taken on a new trick: brute-forcing routers set to easy-to-guess credentials.
A new piece of information-stealing malware that appeared earlier this year has been rapidly gaining traction during the past few weeks, with hundreds of infection attempts being detected every day by antivirus vendors.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Google will stop accepting new Flash ads on June 30
- Samsung hopes Raspberry Pi can spread Tizen OS adoption
- 5G dreams in Barcelona: Cars, robots and VR games
- VMware gives enterprises a BYOD boost with three new tools
- Google adds warning to unencrypted emails
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - IT SecurityNSW
- CCSolution Design EngineerACT
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCUser Experience Designer - BaselineACT
- CCIT Solution DesignerNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTBusiness Analyst - Superannuation FundVIC
- FTInsight / Customer / modelling - Analyst (Data Scientist)NSW
- CCSenior Systems Analyst (Biomedical)SA
- CCSolutions ArchitectNSW
- CCTest ManagerQLD
- FTC# .Net DeveloperSA
- FTTechnical Lead (C#/.Net)NSW
- CCETL DeveloperNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (Network & System Mgt.) 160205/SA/561Asia
- CCSenior Project Manager - ComplianceVIC
- CCSenior Change Analyst - Multiple RolesVIC
- FTFront End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamNSW
- CCJunior .NET DeveloperQLD
- FTFunctional Business Analyst - Commodities and FX DomainNSW
- CCOracle Business Analyst / TrainerSA
- CCSenior PMO Analyst / PMO LeadVIC
- CCContract System Engineer (Lotus Domin) 160129/SE/vccAsia
- CCWeb DeveloperNSW