Ericsson has launched the world's first WebRTC-compatible browser for mobile devices, which will allow developers to integrate voice and video communications in their Web-based applications.
Telecommunications vendor Nokia Siemens Networks is further limiting the way it does business in Iran, as the international stance against the country is hardened.
This year the number of operators that have implemented HD Voice has almost tripled, and more phones are also compatible with the technology, according to a report by industry organization GSA (Global mobile Suppliers Association).
As mobile video finally starts to take off, making money from it remains a challenge, and content providers and carriers may clash over economics before they find a way to share the costs and benefits.
Using more spectrum and advanced antennas, vendors and operators plan to increase <a href="http://www.networkworld.com/topics/3g-4g.html">4G</a> mobile speeds. But the key to increasing speeds as researchers look at future networks, which will someda...
Sony said Thursday it will acquire Ericsson's 50 percent share in their Sony Ericsson mobile phone joint venture, turning the company into a subsidiary in January 2012.
Steve Jobs' death raised question about directions in technology this week while worries about the economy continue to put downward pressure on tech stocks, but for much of the industry it's been business as usual, especially for mergers and acquisit...
The battle for the living room is heating up, and Sony needs to take over Sony Ericsson in order to better compete with the likes of Samsung and a more aggressive Apple as home electronics sector products become increasingly converged, according to a...
TruePosition, the developer of technology used by some carriers to pinpoint 9-1-1 calls, says Ericsson, Qualcomm and Alcatel-Lucent have worked together to keep TruePosition's technology out of next-generation networks in favor of their own technolog...
Mobile networks in North America are filled to 80 percent of capacity, with 36 percent of base stations facing capacity constraints, according to a survey by investment bank Credit Suisse.
U.S. and Canadian courts have approved the sale of thousands of patents from bankrupt Nortel Networks to a consortium including Apple and Microsoft for about US$4.5 billion.
On June 1, 1991, the first commercial calls over GSM were made in Finland and Sweden, Nokia Siemens and Ericsson noted Friday as they celebrated the anniversary by recollecting the early days of the technology.
Nortel Networks has auctioned off its remaining patents and patent applications to a consortium of key technology companies for a cash purchase price of US$4.5 billion.
If you're impressed with the current generation of LTE services, wait until you get a load of LTE Advanced.
Using commercial hardware, telecommunications equipment vendor Ericsson demonstrated LTE Advanced to regulators in Stockholm on Tuesday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Florida man sues Apple for $10 billion for 'stealing' his iPhone invention from 1992
- 5 hidden iOS 10 features that are instant game changers
- Review: Wireless charging and waterproof cases for iPhone plus Ollclip (Movie) Studio case
- Review: Incipio OtterBox and 3Sixt covers for the Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge
- All coverage from Computex 2016
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTProject Coordinator / AdministratorNSW
- CCTechnologyOne System Administration and DevelopmentACT
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA / SQL) 160621/JP/224Asia
- CCWindows 2003-2012 R2 Active Directory Consultant/ManagerNSW
- CCAEM Backend DeveloperVIC
- CCSharePoint AdministratorNSW
- FTAutomation Test Engineer | C#/.Net focusNSW
- CCLevel 1 Helpdesk SupportNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCSAP Portal DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Applications SpecialistQLD
- FTProduct OwnerNSW
- FTUX DesignerVIC
- CCTechnical BA - Networking/Infrastructure - Site RelocationNSW
- CCChange Manager, Digital ProgramNSW
- CC.net DeveloperACT
- CCHybrid Mobile App DeveloperNSW
- FTContent Manager - Migration projectNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer - C# FocusNSW
- CCIT Helpdesk Support- Remedy ticketing systemNSW
- CCSystem AnalystACT
- FTFront End .Net Developer (.Net / Angular / Bootstrap)NSW
- CCData Warehouse Specialist- Power BI, SSAS DBA, Azure, SQLNSW
- CCMidrange Technical ArchitectQLD
- CCProgram Controls ManagerACT