If unlicensed Wi-Fi spectrum is like a cool, independently run cafe, then mobile operators using those frequencies for LTE may sound like a corporate chain buying out your favorite spot.
Ericsson and Apple filed patent lawsuits against each other in the U.S. in a dispute over royalty payments demanded by the Swedish telecommunications equipment manufacturer.
IBM unwraps a new mainframe ... Samsung finally has a Tizen phone ... Valley firms try again to settle lawsuit with workers... and more news
Cars that can park themselves, cycle helmets that can communicate to avoid collisions and the coming battle between Apple's CarPlay and Google's Android Auto will all be hot topics at International CES in January.
LTE's theoretical maximum download speed will increase to 450 Mbps next year -- but the upgrade will be out of reach for most users, as many mobile operators simply don't have enough radio spectrum.
Ericsson's Bowser has been resurrected to make up for the lack of a WebRTC-compatible browser on iOS and is now available for download from Apple's App Store.
Ericsson is resurrecting its WebRTC-based browser, Bowser, to help spark the development of more websites and apps that embrace voice, video and messaging features.
To fill out its cloud services portfolio with policy and auditing controls, Ericsson is acquiring a majority stake in San Francisco enterprise services company Apcera.
Full-featured, integrated chips and tough competition have forced telecom vendor Ericsson to halt all future development of its LTE modems.
The line between TV and mobile services is blurring, and in many cases that blur in between them is a cloud.
SAP and Ericsson have joined forces to help enterprises manage mobile devices and apps as a service.
Ericsson is pushing the boundaries on equipment for LTE-Advanced, launching a picocell base station capable of delivering download speeds of up to 300Mbps and integration with fast Wi-Fi.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission should resist calls to reclassify broadband as a regulated public utility as a way to enact strong net neutrality rules, more than 30 broadband equipment manufacturers, including Cisco Systems, IBM and Intel...
Vodafone will be the first carrier in Australia to enable voice calls over a 4G network, which will eliminate call lag and enable phone calls in high definition.
Ericsson plans to acquire MetraTech, a vendor of billing systems based on metadata, as service providers eye new services using the Internet of Things.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 2 LED Lenser P7R Professional Torch review
- 3 Aftershokz Wireless Trekz Titanium Bone Conduction Bluetooth Headphones review
- 4 Review: Periscope users rejoice with Feiyu’s G4 Plus 3-Axis Gimbal for Smartphone video
- 5 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Parrot Mambo Drone review
- Logitech K780 Wireless Keyboard review: One fantastic keyboard for your computer, phone, and tablet
- Microsoft confirms Windows 10 adoption slowdown
- Sonos comes to the Apple store, but what does that mean for Beats speakers?
- Microsoft-Nissan partnership treats cars like PCs
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTCarrier/ Industrial Network ConsultantsWA
- FTTeam Leader Full Stack, Python, FinanceNSW
- CCData Analyst | Data Management Framework | Experience in RNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst with change management experienceACT
- FTNetwork and Security Design EngineerNSW
- CCWAN Architect and ConsultantWA
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- FTTechnical Support Engineer | Cloud | Automation techsNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCVideo Conference Support Officer- VoIP, LAN, WAN, RemedyNSW
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager - DCR ProjectNSW
- FTTest SpecialistSA
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- CCBI Reporting AnalystACT
- CCNetwork Design Specialist - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCIT Security ArchitectACT
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / ARIBA)NSW
- CCTechnical Architect/DesignerACT
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- FTCertification and Accreditation Security ConsultantACT