If unlicensed Wi-Fi spectrum is like a cool, independently run cafe, then mobile operators using those frequencies for LTE may sound like a corporate chain buying out your favorite spot.
Ericsson and Apple filed patent lawsuits against each other in the U.S. in a dispute over royalty payments demanded by the Swedish telecommunications equipment manufacturer.
IBM unwraps a new mainframe ... Samsung finally has a Tizen phone ... Valley firms try again to settle lawsuit with workers... and more news
Cars that can park themselves, cycle helmets that can communicate to avoid collisions and the coming battle between Apple's CarPlay and Google's Android Auto will all be hot topics at International CES in January.
LTE's theoretical maximum download speed will increase to 450 Mbps next year -- but the upgrade will be out of reach for most users, as many mobile operators simply don't have enough radio spectrum.
Ericsson's Bowser has been resurrected to make up for the lack of a WebRTC-compatible browser on iOS and is now available for download from Apple's App Store.
Ericsson is resurrecting its WebRTC-based browser, Bowser, to help spark the development of more websites and apps that embrace voice, video and messaging features.
To fill out its cloud services portfolio with policy and auditing controls, Ericsson is acquiring a majority stake in San Francisco enterprise services company Apcera.
Full-featured, integrated chips and tough competition have forced telecom vendor Ericsson to halt all future development of its LTE modems.
The line between TV and mobile services is blurring, and in many cases that blur in between them is a cloud.
SAP and Ericsson have joined forces to help enterprises manage mobile devices and apps as a service.
Ericsson is pushing the boundaries on equipment for LTE-Advanced, launching a picocell base station capable of delivering download speeds of up to 300Mbps and integration with fast Wi-Fi.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission should resist calls to reclassify broadband as a regulated public utility as a way to enact strong net neutrality rules, more than 30 broadband equipment manufacturers, including Cisco Systems, IBM and Intel...
Vodafone will be the first carrier in Australia to enable voice calls over a 4G network, which will eliminate call lag and enable phone calls in high definition.
Ericsson plans to acquire MetraTech, a vendor of billing systems based on metadata, as service providers eye new services using the Internet of Things.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Review: Wireless charging and waterproof cases for iPhone plus Ollclip (Movie) Studio case
- Review: Incipio OtterBox and 3Sixt covers for the Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge
- All coverage from Computex 2016
- Agents of Mayhem hands-on: Saints Row meets SHIELD
- Top 10 emerging technologies from the World Economic Forum
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCLevel 1 & 2 Helpdesk (Need SAP, ERP system experience)NSW
- CCService Desk AnaystNSW
- CCSales Specialist - DigitalNSW
- CCProgrammer (IT Security/Website Administration) 160711/P/565Asia
- CCSolution DesignerACT
- FTSystems application support analystNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCIntegration ArchitectACT
- CCSenior Media AnalystVIC
- FTTIBCO Technical LeadNSW
- CCSharepoint Developer | Air Force project | NV1 clearanceNSW
- CCx2 AEM Frontend/UI DevelopersVIC
- FTSAP Solution Architect- Data Migration to SAP HR, payrollNSW
- CCRelease & Configuration Manager | Defence intelligence application | NV1 clearedACT
- CCTelecommunications Operations Support officerACT
- FTData Center Operator (1-Year Renewal Contract)Asia
- FTTechnical Consultant - ServerSA
- CCOrganisational Change ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Applications SpecialistQLD
- CCSAP Financial Master DataACT
- FTProject Coordinator / AdministratorNSW
- CCJava Developer with Oracle database experience | Defence intelligence | NV1ACT
- CCProject Analyst/ CoordinatorVIC
- CCSystems Engineer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT