If unlicensed Wi-Fi spectrum is like a cool, independently run cafe, then mobile operators using those frequencies for LTE may sound like a corporate chain buying out your favorite spot.
Ericsson and Apple filed patent lawsuits against each other in the U.S. in a dispute over royalty payments demanded by the Swedish telecommunications equipment manufacturer.
IBM unwraps a new mainframe ... Samsung finally has a Tizen phone ... Valley firms try again to settle lawsuit with workers... and more news
Cars that can park themselves, cycle helmets that can communicate to avoid collisions and the coming battle between Apple's CarPlay and Google's Android Auto will all be hot topics at International CES in January.
LTE's theoretical maximum download speed will increase to 450 Mbps next year -- but the upgrade will be out of reach for most users, as many mobile operators simply don't have enough radio spectrum.
Ericsson's Bowser has been resurrected to make up for the lack of a WebRTC-compatible browser on iOS and is now available for download from Apple's App Store.
Ericsson is resurrecting its WebRTC-based browser, Bowser, to help spark the development of more websites and apps that embrace voice, video and messaging features.
To fill out its cloud services portfolio with policy and auditing controls, Ericsson is acquiring a majority stake in San Francisco enterprise services company Apcera.
Full-featured, integrated chips and tough competition have forced telecom vendor Ericsson to halt all future development of its LTE modems.
The line between TV and mobile services is blurring, and in many cases that blur in between them is a cloud.
SAP and Ericsson have joined forces to help enterprises manage mobile devices and apps as a service.
Ericsson is pushing the boundaries on equipment for LTE-Advanced, launching a picocell base station capable of delivering download speeds of up to 300Mbps and integration with fast Wi-Fi.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission should resist calls to reclassify broadband as a regulated public utility as a way to enact strong net neutrality rules, more than 30 broadband equipment manufacturers, including Cisco Systems, IBM and Intel...
Vodafone will be the first carrier in Australia to enable voice calls over a 4G network, which will eliminate call lag and enable phone calls in high definition.
Ericsson plans to acquire MetraTech, a vendor of billing systems based on metadata, as service providers eye new services using the Internet of Things.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Tech21 Evo Xplorer iPhone case review
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Linksys AC600 MU-MIMO WiFi review
- WiFi review: Does MU-MIMO currently make a difference?
- Check out our Father’s Day Gift Guide
- Stratasys unveils mega, robotic 3D printers to build large parts
- iOS 10 gives apps room to grow
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTMicrosoft Enterprise Project Management - Technical ConsultantACT
- CCDevOps Engineer - Php, LAMP, XML, scripting, JavaNSW
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- CCSolution Architect - POSVIC
- CCProject Manager- Radio CommunicationsVIC
- FTSenior Test Analyst | End to End TestingNSW
- FTBack End Developer - Java, Spring, RESTNSW
- CCProject Coordinator - Baseline SecurityVIC
- CCOracle DBA with Solaris experienceNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystACT
- FTImplementation ConsultantNSW
- FTIT ManagerAsia
- CCiOS DeveloperVIC
- FTStorage EngineerSA
- CCBusiness Intelligence Business AnalystSA
- CCSenior Server and Storage Support EngineerNSW
- CCInfrastructure Designer - AWSNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160902/SA/812Asia
- FTSAP Ariba Consultant/ManagerVIC
- CCActive Directory Consultant/ArchitectWA
- FTMiddleware - DevOps EngineerVIC
- CCService Desk Consultant_Level 1ACT
- CCWeb Content SpecialistNSW
- CCEnterprise Architect ? Big Data AnalyticsNSW
- CCQuality AnalystNSW