Ericsson Australia has established a regional TV centre in Melbourne to advance the development and adoption of next-generation TV in the emerging era of high-speed broadband communications.
Ericsson in pictures
Telecommunications company, Telstra, in partnership with Ericsson, has revealed plans to make a series of mobile advancements in 2016 that will bring faster speeds and features to Australians and lay the foundations for the launch of 5G services.
The level of stress caused by mobile phone streaming delays is comparable to the same individual's experience watching a horror film, according to the Mobile World Congress edition of the Ericsson Mobility Report.
Most of the excitement at Mobile World Congress this month will be about 5G, which won't officially exist until 2020. But vendors will also be showing off new ways to speed up the 3G and 4G networks most people are using today.
Ericsson and Cisco Systems are partnering to develop and sell next-generation networks -- Ericsson because it's cheaper than buying in or building the equipment itself, and Cisco because it's quicker than buying Ericsson.
The number of LTE subscriptions will pass 1 billion before the end of the year, prompting operators to invest in technologies such as small cells to keep up.
Over the past year, patent battles have been fought by tech companies in courtrooms all over the world. The litigation is far from over though, however, and will continue throughout 2013. This is what's at stake on the patent battlefield in the near ...
Smartphone vendors will rely on upgrades such as full-HD screens and more powerful yet more frugal processors to entice customers to buy new phones in 2013.
Security researchers have shown that carefully crafted text messages sent to cell phones via short message service (SMS) can cause them to shutdown without the knowledge of the owner.
A number of different technologies are being developed or improved to offer higher speeds for fixed and mobile broadband networks, as operators are preparing to compete with each other and carry video traffic in 3D and at higher resolutions, which is...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Report: Microsoft could debut Xbox One game streaming stick and 'Xbox TV' at E3
- This sticker can wirelessly charge your smartphone or tablet
- Microsoft breaks own design rules in dupe-the-user Windows 10 upgrade tactic
- Samsung isn't giving up on Android Wear, it's just not making any new Android Wear watches
- Google quietly kills its Nexus Player as Chromecast overshadows Android TV
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCMS Dynamics CRM ConsultantVIC
- FTFront End DeveloperACT
- CCSenior Project ManagerVIC
- FTTechnical Specialist EmailACT
- CCIT Technical WriterACT
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCTechnical Business Analyst, SuperannuationNSW
- FTStibo PIM Consultant - Permanent OpportunityNSW
- CCMultiple Oracle Fusion SOA/BPEL Developer OpportunitiesVIC
- CCNetwork Architect VoiceNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst or Information AnalystNSW
- CCInfrastructure and Cloud Project ManagerVIC
- FTPega Operation Engineer - CEPNSW
- CCMicrosoft System Engineer - NV1ACT
- CCBusiness Analyst, Service Performance, RetailNSW
- CCIBM Sterling Developer + IBM Sterling Team LeaderNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCSystem Engineer - Server Migration experienceNSW
- CCMS SCOM AdministratorVIC
- CCEnd to End Project Manager - PMO and GovernanceVIC
- CCiOS Developer x 2NSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - NV1VIC
- CCMessaging Engineer - BAU SupportNSW
- CCSenior Program DirectorNSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Technical LeadACT