Dell today announced a new appliance that allows its block-based storage area network (SAN) to store file-based data under one unified management interface.
Storage products from Dell's Compellent unit will integrate technologies from Dell's earlier acquisitions to better enable these products to target large enterprise customers, an executive of the unit said.
Over the last year, Dell acquired clustered storage vendor Exanet, data compression vendor Ocarina and SAN vendor Compellent .
Dell is set to roll out significant enhancements to its EqualLogic storage line on Wednesday, along with its first rebadged Juniper Networks products and other updates to its storage and networking lines, all part of a mission to carve out a place in...
Dell entered the Fibre Channel over Ethernet market last week with OEM deals from Brocade and QLogic and endorsed 10Gigabit Ethernet as a customer's technology of choice.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go,' are all our jobs next?
- You're so vein: Samsung files a patent for a vein-scanning smartwatch
- Make a $40 Linux or Android PC with new Raspberry Pi 2 rival
- Researcher finds serious flaw in Chromium-based Avast SafeZone browser
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCOracle Applications Projects Functional ConsultantSA
- FTPHP ProgrammerSA
- CCDesktop Support L1, 2 & 3NSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - HRIS ProjectQLD
- CCProject Manager & Coordination OfficerACT
- CCSenior Systems Analyst (Biomedical)SA
- CCService EngineerVIC
- CCLync/Skype EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Visual DesignerNSW
- FTJava Full Stack Developer - MelbourneVIC
- CCInformation ArchitectQLD
- CCImmediate iOS Developer Required - Contract - SydneyNSW
- FTSenior Linux Sys AdminNSW
- CCHigh Level Network Engineer (Communications)WA
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCProject Manager - Customer Engagement / NPSVIC
- FTHelpdesk support - Level 1VIC
- CCInformation Security ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst AGILENSW
- FTUI DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (SQL/Oracle/.Net) 160129/AP/vhs-bAsia
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA/Mobile App) 160115/JP/vhaAsia
- CCSAP Test ManagerSA
- FTChange LeadNSW
- FTLogistics Systems ManagerNSW