Recent data breaches at Sony's PlayStation Network and at e-mail service provider Epsilon will lead to legislation focused on improving cybersecurity at U.S. companies, the chairwoman of a U.S. House of Representatives subcommittee said Thursday.
The ultimate fee for the data breach last month at email service provider Epsilon could reach as high as $4 billion, depending on what becomes of the data that was stolen, according to a cyber-risk advisory firm.
E-mail marketing giant Epsilon will build an industry-leading security system in response to a March 30 breach in which thieves gained access to the e-mail addresses and names of partner's customers, the CEO of Epsilon's parent company said Thursday.
Seems that the recent Epsilon breach has rankled a couple members of the U.S. Senate who are now pushing for further investigation into the irritating violation of privacy.
A press feeding frenzy followed the somewhat vague April Fools Day announcement by Epsilon Data Management that someone had hacked into its systems and stolen a bunch of email addresses. The addresses were of people who had "opted in" for email marke...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's pricey Surface Book is getting stomped by the ancient Surface Pro 3
- Android TV's universal search feature finally works with Netflix
- Facebook takes on critics with political bias class
- Kodi dives into hardware with a Raspberry Pi 3 case perfect for low-cost HTPCs
- What iOS 10 can tell us about the new iPhone
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCTechnical OfficerACT
- CCBusiness Analyst - Healthcare industryVIC
- CCTechnology and Security ArchitectACT
- CCLevel 1 & 2 Helpdesk (Need SAP, ERP system experience)NSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst- BPMN, Testing backgroundNSW
- CCArchitect (AWS)NSW
- FTTechnical Business Analyst (Integration background)NSW
- CCTechnical Content ProducerVIC
- FTPractice Lead - InsuranceNSW
- FTSenior Java Developer (Java/Maven/AEM)NSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCServiceNow DeveloperVIC
- FTInfrastructure/Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTMobility Developer x 2 - iOS and Android positions available!NSW
- FTManager of Infrastructure ServicesVIC
- CCSAP PI/PO ConsultantVIC
- CCSystems Engineer | Defence intelligence projects | NV2 clearanceACT
- FTEnterprise Technology Platform ManagerVIC
- CCLevel 1 Helpdesk SupportNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (IT Security/IT Audit) 160621/ITA/361Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle) 160704/AP/601Asia
- FTIT Senior Business Analyst (12M)NSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (System Backup Operation/UNIX) 160615/AP/791Asia
- CCService Desk AnaystNSW