Recent data breaches at Sony's PlayStation Network and at e-mail service provider Epsilon will lead to legislation focused on improving cybersecurity at U.S. companies, the chairwoman of a U.S. House of Representatives subcommittee said Thursday.
The ultimate fee for the data breach last month at email service provider Epsilon could reach as high as $4 billion, depending on what becomes of the data that was stolen, according to a cyber-risk advisory firm.
E-mail marketing giant Epsilon will build an industry-leading security system in response to a March 30 breach in which thieves gained access to the e-mail addresses and names of partner's customers, the CEO of Epsilon's parent company said Thursday.
Seems that the recent Epsilon breach has rankled a couple members of the U.S. Senate who are now pushing for further investigation into the irritating violation of privacy.
A press feeding frenzy followed the somewhat vague April Fools Day announcement by Epsilon Data Management that someone had hacked into its systems and stolen a bunch of email addresses. The addresses were of people who had "opted in" for email marke...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go,' are all our jobs next?
- You're so vein: Samsung files a patent for a vein-scanning smartwatch
- Make a $40 Linux or Android PC with new Raspberry Pi 2 rival
- Researcher finds serious flaw in Chromium-based Avast SafeZone browser
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCDesktop Support Engineer/Service Desk AnalystNSW
- CCCRM Change Lead, OrganisationalNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCHybris Developer - Global ConsultancyNSW
- CCOracle CC&B Technical AnalystVIC
- CCTechnical Tester - AutomationVIC
- CCCommercial Manager - Strategy / Big Data - Telecommunications -NSW
- CCOracle Project OfficerSA
- CCSenior Project Manager - ComplianceVIC
- FTUI DeveloperNSW
- FTServer EngineerNSW
- FTChange LeadNSW
- CCWeb Content WriterSA
- FTSenior Consultant | Project work | National Systems IntegratorNSW
- CCProject Manager - Managed Print ServicesNSW
- FTSecurity ArchitectWA
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCIT Service Deliver & Improvement ManagerACT
- CCLevel 2 Helpdesk, Service Support- Remedy or SAP backgroundNSW
- CCFront End Developer - MelbourneVIC
- CCSenior Product Specialist - Cisco CPENSW
- CCSenior PMO Analyst / PMO LeadVIC
- FTNetwork Engineer | Canberra | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projectsVIC
- FTTechnical Lead (C#/.Net)NSW
- FTProject ManagerVIC