Apple is advising its customers in China to use the company's official USB power adapters when recharging their devices, as police continued on Friday investigations into the death by electrocution of a local woman that may be linked to an iPhone.
Intel has updated its road map with a new, low-power server chip to help it ward off competition from Calxeda and other makers of low-power chips.
The Green Electronics Council plans to expand its EPEAT environmental rating system later this year to include smartphones, the council said Tuesday.
Manufacturing giant Foxconn Technology Group also wants to ride the upcoming wave of wearable tech, and has unveiled a wristband that can monitor a user's health and sync with a smartphone.
Manufacturing giant Foxconn Technology Group is on track with its goal to a create a "million robot army", and already has 20,000 robotic machines in its factories, said the company's CEO Terry Gou on Wednesday.
A big data project called Digital Delta aims to investigate how to transform flood control and the management of the entire Dutch water system and save up to 15 percent of the annual Dutch water management budget.
Fairphone has received enough orders to start production on what it says is a smartphone that will be built according to ethical standards, designed and produced with minimal harm to people and the planet.
A 14-year-old worker has been found dead after working at an electronics factory in China that may make products for Asus, another potential case of underage labor abuse in the country.
Three workers at Foxconn factories in China have fallen to their deaths in recent weeks and police are investigating, according to the company.
Google I/O is getting most of the attention this week, but a conference at the other end of Silicon Valley showed there's plenty of innovation happening in the word of data centers, too.
Employees at the Chinese factories of Apple supplier Foxconn continue to work beyond the country's legal limit of 49 hours a month, according to a report from the Fair Labor Association (FLA). But the Taiwanese manufacturer is making overall steady p...
A data center in Sweden has cut its energy bills by a million dollars a year using seawater to cool its servers, though jellyfish are an occasional hazard.
A new survey from the Uptime Institute suggests fatigue is setting in when it comes to making data centers greener, and it may be partly due to overachievers like Google and Microsoft.
Networks could use far less energy by 2020 even though they'll be carrying much more traffic, an industry group says.
Ericsson and Vodafone in Egypt have successfully tested a new way to build more energy-efficient networks in rural areas, and make it possible to build networks where they previously could not be built, according to the vendor.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Synology DS216+ Review
- Microsoft dials back Windows 10 upgrades to 2X a year
- No more passwords with Google's Trust API
- Spotify takes on Apple and Google with family plan
- How to go back to Windows 7 or 8 after an unwanted Windows 10 upgrade
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCService Provider Manager - DesktopVIC
- FTData EngineersNSW
- CCNetwork Engineer | DC Relocation |VoIP Refresh | CCNA | CCNPNSW
- FTBI / Business Intelligence Designer / ArchitectNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | Routing & switching | Design, implementation, L3 supportNSW
- FTWeb DeveloperSA
- CCTester Analyst - learn on the job!ACT
- CCFront end and Full Stack DevelopersNSW
- CCSkilled Sitecore / .NET DeveloperNSW
- CCProject Manager PMP RMP certified - NV1ACT
- CCRelease Manager, SAPNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle/SQL*PLUS) 160519/AP/432Asia
- CCNetwork Engineer, Renewable ContractAsia
- CCBusiness Analyst - TelcoVIC
- CCDigital Project ManagerVIC
- FTNV1, NV2 Network Engineers | Permanent role with diverse Defence projectsACT
- CCAgile Coach / Agile Training ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle) 160520/AP/985Asia
- CCIT Program ManagerACT
- FTProject Manager - Web ContentVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Application/.Net) 160523/AP/254Asia
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Major exciting White Paper projectsACT
- CCFull Stack Developer - AngularNSW
- CCBusiness Systems AnalystQLD