The deadly explosion that rocked the Chinese city of Tianjin has caused the country to shut down a nearby supercomputer, also one of the fastest in the world.
Drones that fly out to inspect powerlines -- and then recharge themselves by attaching to those same lines -- is among the ideas that could come to life thanks to a new research fund launched Tuesday.
Facebook is building a new datacentre in Fort Worth, Texas, that will be powered entirely by renewable energy.
Toyota, Nissan and Honda today announced they will increase efforts to produce more hydrogen fuel cell vehicles and said they will work together to build more fueling stations to support them.
Despite slow market uptake, Hyundai Motor Co. said today that hydrogen fuel cell vehicles represent the future of eco-friendly cars more than all-electric vehicles.
Foxconn Technology Group's plan for a "robot army" won't come as quickly as originally anticipated, according to its CEO.
Apple supplier Foxconn Technology Group has been on the receiving end of continued criticism over its factories' labor conditions for years. But on Thursday, the company's CEO let loose his outrage over the complaints.
Microsoft has taken its big data analysis to China, with computing models that can forecast the air quality across 41 cities in the country.
U.S. and Chinese researchers have developed semiconductor chips that are nearly entirely made out of wood-derived material.
Seoul is trying to put one of the world's highest concentrations of electric vehicles (EVs) on its roads with a project that would let drivers charge their vehicles in residential parking lots and other everyday locations.
Apple plans to make its supply chain in China greener as a way to cutdown on carbon emissions from its product manufacturing, the company announced on Monday.
There's a vampire-slayer stalking the halls at Cebit.
The electronics industry may still be reliant on human workers to assemble products, but Apple supplier Foxconn Technology Group is hopeful that robots will take over more of the workload soon.
One of the founders of Facebook's Open Compute Project has launched a new company that aims to cut the cost of running data centers using "community-based analytics."
Apple plans to open two European data centers running on renewable energy in 2017, following similar moves by Google and Facebook in the region.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- How to delete and disable location history in the Windows 10 Creators Update
- Staples is selling a color laser printer for $75
- Optane Memory review: Why you may want Intel's futuristic cache in your PC
- Microsoft offers Gmail users some key Outlook features, but only via Windows 10
- What's wrong with Microsoft To-Do: 8 things lacking in Wunderlist's replacement
PCW Evaluation Team
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCBusiness Implementation Manager - Wealth AdviceNSW
- FTOracle E-Business Functional ConsultantVIC
- CCBusiness Specialist - Data ManagementNSW
- FTTesting and Quality Assurance AnalystNSW
- FTPMO CoordinatorACT
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)SA
- TPBusiness Project Manager - DigitalNSW
- FTSCRUM Master / Project Manager, CX, Financial ServicesNSW
- CCWindows Server EngineerNSW
- CCTechnical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service ManagerQLD
- TPSenior Full-Stack DeveloperSA
- TPProject Support AnalystNSW
- TPSenior Business Project ManagerNSW
- CCTest Analyst - Oracle CC&BVIC
- CCSenior Network Security EngineerNSW
- CCEnd User Services ArchitectNSW
- FTTester AnalystACT
- CCTraining Content and Delivery SpecialistNSW
- FTDelivery ExecutiveSA
- FTSAP Solution ArchitectsACT
- FTTraining Lead | Up to $800 per dayVIC
- FTPMO And Governance ManagerNSW
- CCTechnical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service ManagerACT
- CCWindows System EngineerNSW
- CCDesktop Support/ Field Services EngineerQLD