The deadly explosion that rocked the Chinese city of Tianjin has caused the country to shut down a nearby supercomputer, also one of the fastest in the world.
Drones that fly out to inspect powerlines -- and then recharge themselves by attaching to those same lines -- is among the ideas that could come to life thanks to a new research fund launched Tuesday.
Facebook is building a new datacentre in Fort Worth, Texas, that will be powered entirely by renewable energy.
Toyota, Nissan and Honda today announced they will increase efforts to produce more hydrogen fuel cell vehicles and said they will work together to build more fueling stations to support them.
Despite slow market uptake, Hyundai Motor Co. said today that hydrogen fuel cell vehicles represent the future of eco-friendly cars more than all-electric vehicles.
Foxconn Technology Group's plan for a "robot army" won't come as quickly as originally anticipated, according to its CEO.
Apple supplier Foxconn Technology Group has been on the receiving end of continued criticism over its factories' labor conditions for years. But on Thursday, the company's CEO let loose his outrage over the complaints.
Microsoft has taken its big data analysis to China, with computing models that can forecast the air quality across 41 cities in the country.
U.S. and Chinese researchers have developed semiconductor chips that are nearly entirely made out of wood-derived material.
Seoul is trying to put one of the world's highest concentrations of electric vehicles (EVs) on its roads with a project that would let drivers charge their vehicles in residential parking lots and other everyday locations.
Apple plans to make its supply chain in China greener as a way to cutdown on carbon emissions from its product manufacturing, the company announced on Monday.
There's a vampire-slayer stalking the halls at Cebit.
The electronics industry may still be reliant on human workers to assemble products, but Apple supplier Foxconn Technology Group is hopeful that robots will take over more of the workload soon.
One of the founders of Facebook's Open Compute Project has launched a new company that aims to cut the cost of running data centers using "community-based analytics."
Apple plans to open two European data centers running on renewable energy in 2017, following similar moves by Google and Facebook in the region.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's vision for LinkedIn is about tying its business data into Office and other services
- Facebook's Year in Review for 2016 isn't just fun and games
- AMD's Radeon Software Crimson ReLive debuts with features galore
- Intel, Microsoft renew 'Wintel' partnership with Project Evo and VR specs for PCs
- New Windows 10 Insider Build allows you to shut down your PC with your voice
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCSenior Technology SpecialistACT
- CCMobile Application DeveloperQLD
- TPSenior Software EngineerQLD
- CCC ProgrammerACT
- CCCapacity and Performance AnalystVIC
- CCTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / Kronos)NSW
- FTSenior Python DeveloperVIC
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCDevOps EngineerWA
- TPIT Document Writer And TrainerVIC
- CCUNISON Analyst Programmer (Contract) FinanceNSW
- CCProduct OwnerNSW
- CCWindows Systems Engineer - AD, VMware, RedHat experienceNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service Desk AnalystQLD
- CCSenior Software Engineer Developer | 6mthsVIC
- FTSenior Financial Planner - GeelongVIC
- CCProcess Project Manager X 2VIC
- CCEOI - TIBCO DeveloperNSW
- CCApplication Support Lead/ ManagerNSW
- CCProject Manager - Community Transport SolutionsACT
- FTSecurity Sales SpecialistVIC
- TPIntegration DeveloperWA
- FTSenior Projects Engineer | Systems Integration and IT Managed ServicesNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager - Large Site relocation projectNSW
- FTService Lifecycle Management LeadVIC