Guiyu is the town in China where your old electronics go to die. For years, it's been one of the main locations in the world where PCs, phone and other discarded products are shipped in to be pulled apart and recycled. The work is dirty and even hazardous, but lately Guiyu has been trying to clean up its act. Following is a slideshow to give you an idea what it's like.
environment in pictures
Foxconn is transforming the area around its factory in Zhengzhou, China. Here's a visual tour of the scene.
Greenpeace brought it's new Rainbow Warrior ship to the San Francisco Bay this week and we got a chance to have a look around. The first campaign ship purpose built for Greenpeace, it was launched in 2011 and is unique in many ways. It has towering, 53-meter A-frame masts that allow it to carry more sail than other ships its size, and the helicopter pad at the stern is highly unusual for a sailing vessel. Here's a slide show that gives a look around the ship and provides more information
The deadly explosion that rocked the Chinese city of Tianjin has caused the country to shut down a nearby supercomputer, also one of the fastest in the world.
Drones that fly out to inspect powerlines -- and then recharge themselves by attaching to those same lines -- is among the ideas that could come to life thanks to a new research fund launched Tuesday.
Facebook is building a new datacentre in Fort Worth, Texas, that will be powered entirely by renewable energy.
Toyota, Nissan and Honda today announced they will increase efforts to produce more hydrogen fuel cell vehicles and said they will work together to build more fueling stations to support them.
Despite slow market uptake, Hyundai Motor Co. said today that hydrogen fuel cell vehicles represent the future of eco-friendly cars more than all-electric vehicles.
I've written before about ways you can save money on pricey printer consumables.
You don’t have to hug trees to wince at the waste in these shots. The first box was used to ship just that tiny Apple TV replacement remote. The second box used literally had a letter (a single sheet of paper) and a SIM card for a phone. In both cas...
A McAfee study estimates 62 trillion spam e-mails equal 33 billion kilowatt hours of electricity or about as much carbon as 3.1 million cars consuming 2 billion gallons of gasoline. In January, a study by Harvard University claimed two Google searche...
Timing is good for consumer electronics vendors that are interested in selling green technology.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Kogan Mobile upgrades to 4G network
- Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- MIT uses 4D maps to help robot teams navigate moving obstacles
- A new AMD licensing deal could create more x86 rivals for Intel
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSAP BW developerVIC
- CCIntegration Delivery Project ManagerNSW
- CCFull Stack Developers - JavaNSW
- FTWeb DeveloperSA
- CCInfrastructure Engineer - Windows, VMWare, HyperVWA
- CC.NET Developer (Application production Support)NSW
- FTSenior iOS DeveloperNSW
- FTPMO AnalystNSW
- FTInfrastructure Project ManagerACT
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- CCPMO Coordinator- Prince2, Project financialsNSW
- CCApplication Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCDigital Project ManagerNSW
- FTChange Lead- DigitalVIC
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160505/AP/951Asia
- CCSenior IT Business AnalystVIC
- CCSenior AGILE Business AnalystNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystSA
- CCSql Server Database Administrator (SAP)QLD
- FTJunior Inside Sales Rep | National systems integrator & MSP | $60-70K+NSW
- FTDigital Project ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Analyst, Applications - GDWVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystACT