Guiyu is the town in China where your old electronics go to die. For years, it's been one of the main locations in the world where PCs, phone and other discarded products are shipped in to be pulled apart and recycled. The work is dirty and even hazardous, but lately Guiyu has been trying to clean up its act. Following is a slideshow to give you an idea what it's like.
environment in pictures
Foxconn is transforming the area around its factory in Zhengzhou, China. Here's a visual tour of the scene.
Greenpeace brought it's new Rainbow Warrior ship to the San Francisco Bay this week and we got a chance to have a look around. The first campaign ship purpose built for Greenpeace, it was launched in 2011 and is unique in many ways. It has towering, 53-meter A-frame masts that allow it to carry more sail than other ships its size, and the helicopter pad at the stern is highly unusual for a sailing vessel. Here's a slide show that gives a look around the ship and provides more information
The deadly explosion that rocked the Chinese city of Tianjin has caused the country to shut down a nearby supercomputer, also one of the fastest in the world.
Drones that fly out to inspect powerlines -- and then recharge themselves by attaching to those same lines -- is among the ideas that could come to life thanks to a new research fund launched Tuesday.
Facebook is building a new datacentre in Fort Worth, Texas, that will be powered entirely by renewable energy.
Toyota, Nissan and Honda today announced they will increase efforts to produce more hydrogen fuel cell vehicles and said they will work together to build more fueling stations to support them.
Despite slow market uptake, Hyundai Motor Co. said today that hydrogen fuel cell vehicles represent the future of eco-friendly cars more than all-electric vehicles.
I've written before about ways you can save money on pricey printer consumables.
You don’t have to hug trees to wince at the waste in these shots. The first box was used to ship just that tiny Apple TV replacement remote. The second box used literally had a letter (a single sheet of paper) and a SIM card for a phone. In both cas...
A McAfee study estimates 62 trillion spam e-mails equal 33 billion kilowatt hours of electricity or about as much carbon as 3.1 million cars consuming 2 billion gallons of gasoline. In January, a study by Harvard University claimed two Google searche...
Timing is good for consumer electronics vendors that are interested in selling green technology.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 2 LED Lenser P7R Professional Torch review
- 3 Aftershokz Wireless Trekz Titanium Bone Conduction Bluetooth Headphones review
- 4 Review: Periscope users rejoice with Feiyu’s G4 Plus 3-Axis Gimbal for Smartphone video
- 5 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Make a Wi-Fi gadget with a $9.99 Orange Pi development board
- Analysts laud and lance new Microsoft browser armor
- Should I drill a hole into my iPhone 7 to give it a headphone jack?
- Mediatek's developer board features a 10-core chip and Android 6.0
- Winner of the presidential debate? Twitter by a mile
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 160927/JP/551Asia
- CCTechnical Architect/DesignerACT
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- FTNetwork and Security Design EngineerNSW
- CCDesktop Infrastructure SpecialistACT
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCIT Security ArchitectACT
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- FTCertification and Accreditation Security ConsultantACT
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager - DCR ProjectNSW
- CCInformatica Developer (MDM)NSW
- CCProgram Manager - Data InsightVIC
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCLAN ConsultantWA
- FTInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectACT
- CCVideo Conference Support Officer- VoIP, LAN, WAN, RemedyNSW
- CCSecurity Cleared IT Professionals - Expression of InterestSA
- FTIT Pre-Sales EngineerSA
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCContract Web Developer (160915/WD/vmp)Asia
- FTMDM EngineerNSW
- CCWAN Architect and ConsultantWA
- CCSolutions ArchitectACT
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC