The line between TV and mobile services is blurring, and in many cases that blur in between them is a cloud.
It's half the size of the Statue of Liberty, has flashing eyes and steam rising from its body as it towers over puny humans by Tokyo Bay.
After shutting down its in-house book and music services, Samsung Electronics is closing the company's Video and Media Hub, which hasn't been able to compete with the likes of Netflix, Amazon and Google.
A relaunched version of "Reading Rainbow," the popular educational TV show that first aired in the 1980s, is on its way to a number of modern platforms including Android, Apple TV and Xbox.
Android TV is Google's latest effort to make inroads into the smart TV market, with a software system that can be embedded into televisions and other devices to stream content.
Google-owned Nest is letting its products get cozy with other devices and apps like health trackers, home appliances, even cars.
Nest, the Internet-connected thermostat and smoke detector maker owned by Google, is acquiring home security system developer Dropcam as part of a push to connect a wider range of devices in people's homes.
The next version of Mac OS X, called Yosemite, will bring new levels of interaction between Macintosh computers and other Apple devices when it's made available for free early in the fourth quarter, Apple said on Monday.
Samsung introduced Monday its first smartphone built around the Tizen operating system, with a TV running the OS planned for next year.
acebook will soon be listening to its users -- literally -- but some of them wish it would cover its ears.
Former Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer has reached an agreement to buy the Los Angeles Clippers for a record US$2 billion, according to reports.
Want to see how that coffee machine looks on your counter before you buy it? A crop of startups see a business in helping you visualize.
At peak times, Netflix accounts for around a third of the consumer Internet traffic in North America. This week, one of its senior engineers described how it gets all those movies to your screen.
Google's annual I/O conference for developers takes place next month in San Francisco, and it looks like wearable computing will hog much of the limelight, along with an emphasis on better design.
AT&T plans to acquire DirecTV for about US$50 billion, it announced Sunday, laying to rest days of reports based on anonymous sources that such a deal was in the offing.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Frazzled or burnt out? You need downtime but where do you find it?
- SurveyMonkey: Pokémon Go popularity may have already peaked
- Report: Apple Car launch date slips back a year to 2021
- Pokémon Go and the demon-haunted world
- Gaming desktops with AMD Zen chips will be hard to come by this year
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCPractice Lead - Java, FrontendVIC
- FTDesktop EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Logistic and TransportVIC
- CCBusiness Project ManagerVIC
- FTJava DeveloperVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst/ Scrum MasterNSW
- CCIP & Fixed Enablement SpecialistVIC
- FTSAP FS-PM/FS-PQM SpecialistVIC
- FTAX Lead Functional ConsultantWA
- FTSAS Support SpecialistNSW
- FTSystems EngineerNSW
- CCIT/Telco Graduate | 12mth ContractVIC
- FTSystems Engineer | Defence | NV1 / NV2 clearanceACT
- CCSenior Tester - Automation / Telecommunications (Urgent)NSW
- FTSAP Basis ConsultantVIC
- CCVendor ManagerVIC
- CCPortfolio ManagerVIC
- CCSoftware Developer- CobolACT
- CCSenior Data ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst - InsuranceVIC
- CCApplication Service TechnicianVIC
- FTSenior Manager (Business Data Management)NSW
- FTBusiness Development ManagerVIC
- CCExcel Modelling specialist/consultant.VIC