The line between TV and mobile services is blurring, and in many cases that blur in between them is a cloud.
It's half the size of the Statue of Liberty, has flashing eyes and steam rising from its body as it towers over puny humans by Tokyo Bay.
After shutting down its in-house book and music services, Samsung Electronics is closing the company's Video and Media Hub, which hasn't been able to compete with the likes of Netflix, Amazon and Google.
A relaunched version of "Reading Rainbow," the popular educational TV show that first aired in the 1980s, is on its way to a number of modern platforms including Android, Apple TV and Xbox.
Android TV is Google's latest effort to make inroads into the smart TV market, with a software system that can be embedded into televisions and other devices to stream content.
Google-owned Nest is letting its products get cozy with other devices and apps like health trackers, home appliances, even cars.
Nest, the Internet-connected thermostat and smoke detector maker owned by Google, is acquiring home security system developer Dropcam as part of a push to connect a wider range of devices in people's homes.
The next version of Mac OS X, called Yosemite, will bring new levels of interaction between Macintosh computers and other Apple devices when it's made available for free early in the fourth quarter, Apple said on Monday.
Samsung introduced Monday its first smartphone built around the Tizen operating system, with a TV running the OS planned for next year.
acebook will soon be listening to its users -- literally -- but some of them wish it would cover its ears.
Former Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer has reached an agreement to buy the Los Angeles Clippers for a record US$2 billion, according to reports.
Want to see how that coffee machine looks on your counter before you buy it? A crop of startups see a business in helping you visualize.
At peak times, Netflix accounts for around a third of the consumer Internet traffic in North America. This week, one of its senior engineers described how it gets all those movies to your screen.
Google's annual I/O conference for developers takes place next month in San Francisco, and it looks like wearable computing will hog much of the limelight, along with an emphasis on better design.
AT&T plans to acquire DirecTV for about US$50 billion, it announced Sunday, laying to rest days of reports based on anonymous sources that such a deal was in the offing.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 3 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
- 5 Parrot Mambo Drone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Fake news fallout: Facebook starts asking users if headlines are accurate
- Dead Rising 4 impressions: 'Tis the season to BBQ zombies with your flaming sword
- Surface Book i7 vs. MacBook Pro: Fight!
- Start hoarding SSDs: Prices are expected to spike as supply gets tight
- Nikola Motor unveils its hydrogen fuel cell 18-wheeler
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCProject Manager - Procurement System ImplementationACT
- CCProduct Designer - UIACT
- FTField Engineer - Hardware DecommissionVIC
- CCITSM Process ExpertNSW
- CCApplication Specialist (Cerner)QLD
- CCNetwork Solution Designer/Architect - Finance - Contract - SydneyNSW
- TPSenior Test Analyst - Data ReconciliationQLD
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerNSW
- FTCloud Automation EngineerSA
- CCTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- CCMainframe Developer (with ASP.NET)NSW
- CCMaster SchedulerVIC
- CCSecurity SpecialistVIC
- CCSenior Security AnalystACT
- CCTest Lead : Perth BasedVIC
- CCTechnical AnalystACT
- CCTeam Lead / Senior Software Engineer - C/C++ / Web ServicesNSW
- FTSystems Engineer - Managed Service ProviderVIC
- FTJAVA Developer- XML, SOAP, GIS, Web services, SPRINGVIC
- FTJunior Data Centre Support Technician - Sydney CBDACT
- CCWeb DesignerNSW
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- FTSENIOR DEVELOPERQLD
- FTAnalyst Programmer Investment BankingVIC
- CCHadoop DeveloperSA