SAP may be trying to become a big player in cloud-based business software, but most of its customers run their applications on-premises and many have no plans to move them into the cloud anytime soon.
The cost of finishing a massive SAP software overhaul at a New York gas utility will rise to nearly US$1 billion from an original estimate of $383.8 million, a newly released audit report has found.
Users who have gone through the experience advised their peers during OpenWorld
Workday has made good on a promise it issued a year ago with the release Thursday of Workday Student Recruiting, the first in a series of apps it's developing for higher education institutions.
Infor has acquired SalesLogix in a bid to compete with Salesforce.com in the cloud CRM (customer relationship management) software market, particularly for customers seeking industry-specific features.
NetSuite has avoided what could have been an ugly, image-damaging court battle, having reached an agreement to dismiss a lawsuit brought by its customer SkinMedix over an allegedly unusable software system.
Salesforce.com is combining its Pardot marketing software, sales automation application and social communities platform into a new product called Sales Reach, which it says can help salespeople nurture leads and make deals in real time.
Oracle is responding to an ever more mobile customer base with the rollout of 57 mobile applications for its JD Edwards EnterpriseOne business software suite.
SAP reported strong growth in Cloud revenue in the second quarter, while its software revenue continued to fall, reflecting a shift in the market from on-premises software and services to applications delivered through the cloud on a subscription mod...
NetSuite has been hit with another customer lawsuit, this time from textile products manufacturer Kentwool, which alleges the cloud ERP vendor pulled the wool over its eyes in order to take its money.
Oracle is buying hospitality and retail technology vendor Micros Systems for US$5.3 billion, in a deal that will be its largest since the purchase of Sun Microsystems in 2010.
Unit4 is betting investments in cloud computing and mobility can raise its profile in the crowded ERP software market, following its recent move to go private.
Some of SAP's largest customers plan to nearly double what they now spend on Cloud deployments in the next year - good news for a company that is trying to position itself as a key player in that market according to research commissioned by IT servi...
Oracle CEO Larry Ellison is taking the fight to IBM, Microsoft and SAP in the burgeoning in-memory database market with a new option the company says can deliver dramatic performance boosts without requiring changes to applications.
NetSuite is facing a lawsuit from a skin care product retailer that alleges an overzealous salesman led them to buy a software system that utterly failed to meet its needs.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's vision for LinkedIn is about tying its business data into Office and other services
- Facebook's Year in Review for 2016 isn't just fun and games
- AMD's Radeon Software Crimson ReLive debuts with features galore
- Intel, Microsoft renew 'Wintel' partnership with Project Evo and VR specs for PCs
- New Windows 10 Insider Build allows you to shut down your PC with your voice
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- CCSenior PMO Coordinator, FinanceNSW
- FTIT Information Security AdvisorNSW
- CCIT Service Design Analyst- ITSMNSW
- CCSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- CCCyber Security Analyst - TelcoVIC
- TPNetwork AdministratorWA
- FTTechnology Portfolio - Performance AnalystACT
- FT2nd Line Engineer - CitrixVIC
- FTSoftware Sales & BDMNSW
- FTDevOps/L2 Support EngineerVIC
- FTSAP BPC Consultant - MelbourneSA
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCApplication Specialist (Cerner) - Brisbane basedOther
- FTILSP ManagerNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystACT
- CCService Desk Quality Assurance SpecialistNSW
- CCSenior Network ConsultantVIC
- CCTechnical Application Specialist (Cerner) - Brisbane BasedOther
- CCWindows 365 Engineer - start ASAPNSW
- FTOperations Support Analyst (Business Process Improvement) Perm North SydneyNSW
- TPSenior Project AnalystNSW
- CCSecurity/Server EngineerNSW
- CCChange AnalystNSW