Claiming revenge for an "illegitimate firing," someone has posted screenshots and other data, apparently showing that he was able to break a 200 megawat wind turbine system owned by NextEra Energy Resources, a subsidiary of Florida Power & Light.
A research team from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) led by Dr. Daniel Nocera, Ph.D., claims to have made a drastic discovery in the world of sustainable energy by developing the first "practical" artificial leaf. These leaves are act...
Tokyo and surrounding areas face a large shortfall in electricity this summer and blackouts could become more frequent and widespread, Tokyo Electric Power warned on Friday.
East Japan entered its fifth day of power rationing on Friday, with no end to the planned blackouts in sight. The power shortages began last week when a massive earthquake and tsunami knocked nuclear power stations offline. The local electrical util...
You are probably all very aware now of the problems facing Japan after an earthquake and tsunami pretty much destroyed a large area of the country. Many of you are wishing there was more you could do than just donate money too. If you are handy at ma...
Tucked in a dark corner of the Cebit trade show, in Hall 2, lies a mousetrap. Not just any old mousetrap, but a wireless-enabled one.
Open democracy, open borders and open standards were the themes to which speakers returned again and again at the opening ceremony for the Cebit trade show in Hanover, Germany, on Monday night.
A subsidiary of AU Optronics, one of Taiwan's top panel makers, will open a solar factory in Taiwan late this year to save money and increase competitiveness in a growing industry.
I recently toured IBM's headquarters in Armonk, NY. The 280,000 square foot facility that was built in 1997 during the Lou Gerstner era, is currently serving as a pilot project for IBM's soon-to-be launched Smart Building solution. For an investment ...
BP ignored the advice of safety critical software in an attempt to save time before the disastrous Gulf of Mexico oil spill, according to a presentation slide prepared by US investigators.
If we start with an oversimplified idea that "Smart Grids = Grids + ICT," then it is obvious that utilities IT budgets have a direct effect on our future achievements of a Smart Grid. However, while there is growing excitement in the market concernin...
The race is on to demonstrate that your integrated building energy management platform will drive Smart Buildings. Headlines are popping up every day announcing new ways to increase energy efficiency, drive down electricity consumption, or effectivel...
IDC Energy Insights hosted its semi-annual Clean Energy Outlook in Boulder, Colorado on Tuesday, September 28th. A series of speakers, including IDC Energy Insights analysts, spoke on a range of topics, many of which touched on renewable energy and t...
On Oct. 7, the Department of Energy released "<a href="http://www.nrel.gov/docs/fy10osti/40745.pdf">Large-Scale Offshore Wind Power in the United States: Assessment of Opportunities and Barriers</a>."&nbsp; A couple highlights from this 240-page ...
Today Comverge, a major player in the demand response market, launched its rebrand - Intelligent Energy Management software, hardware, and services "that help utilities, commercial and industrial (C&I) organizations and consumers optimize energy ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- How to stop hackers from reaching your deleted files
- Six quick steps to start a Digital Detox
- How to upgrade to Windows 10: What you need to know
- Alphabet will work with more auto makers on self-driving cars
- Intel has quietly snuffed out its Project Tango smartphone as it rethinks augmented reality
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTRelease & Configuration Manager | Defence intelligence application | NV1 clearedACT
- CCProject Support Officer (Project Scheduler)WA
- CCService Design AnalystNSW
- CCSOA -Solution Architect -baselineACT
- FTIT Helpdesk (Microsoft)NSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/JAVA/UNIX) 160804/AP/172Asia
- CCPeopleSoft Consultant (Financial)NSW
- CCReport Business Analyst- BI, Oracle, SAP, TableauNSW
- FTService Desk Team LeadNSW
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/Oracle) 160801/AP/258Asia
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperSA
- FTSenior Architect, Marketing and Campaign ManagementNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/J2EE/MyEclise) 160721/AP/vmpAsia
- FTMobile DeveloperWA
- FTSharePoint DeveloperSA
- CCSenior Architect - CloudVIC
- CCData Entry - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- FTChange ManagerNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/MySQL) 1600803/SA/255Asia
- CCFMW DevelopersACT
- CCTest CoordinatorQLD
- CCService Coordinator/HelpdeskWA