A consortium that develops guidelines for protecting payment card data is hoping that emerging security technologies will help prevent breaches that made this year one of the worst ever on the security front.
Cybercriminals behind a new ransomware program called CoinVault are trying out a new psychological tactic to convince users to pay up -- freebies.
Microsoft fixed a critical vulnerability Tuesday in the Windows cryptographic library that could expose Windows servers to remote code execution attacks. The update also adds support for stronger and more modern cryptographic ciphers to older Windows...
Certificate authority DigiCert is considering issuing SSL certificates to more Tor .onion address owners after recently providing Facebook with one.
Google released a tool that can be used to test whether the SSL/TLS encrypted connections opened by applications or devices are vulnerable to man-in-the-middle attacks.
Some of the most widely used messaging apps in the world, including Google Hangouts, Facebook chat, Yahoo Messenger and Snapchat, flunked a best-practices security test by advocacy group the Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF).
Google plans to remove support for the aging Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) version 3.0 protocol in Google Chrome 40, which is expected to ship in about two months.
Facebook has made its site directly available on Tor to prevent access problems for people using the anonymity network and to provide an alternative method of accessing the social network securely.
Encrypting data traffic is mandatory for safeguarding information. But when attackers use encryption to mask their activity, it can be hard for enterprises to figure out what they're stealing.
A new technique that allows attackers to hide encrypted malicious Android applications inside images could be used to evade detection by antivirus products and possibly Google Play's own malware scanner.
Apple and Google should reconsider their plans to enable encryption by default on their smartphones, and the U.S. Congress should pass a law requiring that all communication tools allow police access to user data, U.S. FBI Director James Comey said.
Google researchers have found a severe flaw in an obsolete but still used encryption software, which could be exploited to steal sensitive data.
The strength of Apple's revised encryption scheme in iOS 8 hinges on users choosing a strong passcode or password, which they rarely do, according to a Princeton University fellow.
When Microsoft announced message encryption for Office 365 in November, it came with a potentially annoying requirement: People receiving the encrypted messages had to be logged into a Microsoft account to view them.
For the second time in as many weeks, a senior U.S. government official has warned that widespread use of encryption could harm investigations.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- 11 Easy tips to keep yourself and your children safe online
- The Division review
- Need for Speed PC Review
- Asus ROG teases a massive gaming notebook that outperforms Titan X
- Dell's 4-screen multimonitor setup looks like one enormous 43-inch display
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCTechnology Team Lead / Senior Developer - JavaNSW
- CCTechnical Service LeadNSW
- FTOPEN_ASAP_Network Security AdministratorACT
- CCMobility SpcialistACT
- CCOpen Source Specialist / Senior ConsultantQLD
- CCSr. Windows Server Administrator- Financial Institution BckgNSW
- CCSenior Program DirectorNSW
- FTData Feeds Developer | Financial Services | C# & SQLNSW
- FTTechnical LeadNSW
- CCSenior Change AnalystNSW
- CCCloud Service Solution LeadVIC
- CCAccess Control Administration / Help desk OperatorACT
- CCPEGA Developer / ConfigurerACT
- CCData Feeds Developer | Financial Services | C# & SQLNSW
- FTSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCMicrosoft System Engineer - NV1ACT
- FTBusiness AnalystACT
- CCSystem Engineer - Server Migration experienceNSW
- CCSolutions Architect - Enterprise ApplicationsNSW
- FTIT Support - Level 1NSW
- FTSystems EngineerACT
- CCAWS Developer/LeadNSW
- FTOPEN _ ASAP_Technical Specialist COEACT
- FTSolution Architect - Capacity ManagementVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/Oracle) 160523/AP/254Asia