Mega has opened beta testing for a new encrypted video calling service that integrates with its existing file hosting and sharing offerings.
Attackers have started distributing a new and improved version of the CryptoWall file-encrypting ransomware program over the past few days, security researchers warn.
The U.K. may ban online messaging services that offer encryption such as WhatsApp and Apple's iMessage, under surveillance plans laid out by Prime Minister David Cameron.
Server administrators are advised to upgrade OpenSSL again to fix eight new vulnerabilities, two of which can lead to denial-of-service (DoS) attacks.
In-flight Internet provider Gogo is inspecting its users' traffic exchanged with secure sites by replacing those sites' HTTPS certificates with self-signed ones.
A new open-source tool can be used to launch phishing attacks against users of wireless networks in order to steal their Wi-Fi access keys.
Three out of three? That could be the score for the U.S. National Security Agency's cryptographic "most wanted" list of 2012.
Google is making progress developing a user-friendly tool for fully encrypting people's messages on their computers, with coding help from Yahoo and a transition to GitHub.
Subdomains that once served a purpose but later were forgotten by website administrators can be abused by hackers to attack users of sites under the same main domain.
Webmasters who patched their sites against a serious SSL flaw discovered in October will have to check them again. Researchers have discovered that the vulnerability also affects implementations of the newer TLS (Transport Layer Security) protocol.
BlackBerry is now free to integrate German security vendor Secusmart's voice encryption technology on its smartphones and software, after the German government approved its acquisition of the company.
"Where's Andrea?" That was the question on the lips of attendees at this week's No Such Con security conference.
BitTorrent dismissed claims that its popular peer-to-peer file synchronization program BitTorrent Sync has an insecure cryptographic implementation that potentially gives the company access to users' files.
Ramping up efforts to keep its customers' messages safe from snooping, WhatsApp said Tuesday that it now supports end-to-end encryption for messages sent between users.
A new organization supported by Mozilla, the Electronic Frontier Foundation and others is working to set up a new certificate authority (CA) that will provide website owners with free SSL/TLS certificates.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Kogan Mobile upgrades to 4G network
- Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- MIT uses 4D maps to help robot teams navigate moving obstacles
- A new AMD licensing deal could create more x86 rivals for Intel
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSupplier Relationship ManagerVIC
- CCAWS ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior iOS DeveloperNSW
- CC.NET Developer (Application production Support)NSW
- CCTest Analyst - Contact Centre TechnologiesVIC
- CCTechnical ExpertVIC
- FTBusiness Intelligence ConsultantSA
- FTProduct Owner - MarketingNSW
- CCSystems TrainerVIC
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior IT Business AnalystVIC
- CCAccount Manager - Software Solutions - Global IT CompanyNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCContract IT Assistant (Network & System Mgt.) 160509/ITA/281Asia
- CCFront End DeveloperWA
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCJava Developer (front end)WA
- CCMS Biz Talk ConsultantNSW
- CCSales Development Executive - Flexible Working HoursNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystSA
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- FTWeb DeveloperSA
- FTPMO AnalystNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160505/AP/951Asia
- FTTechnical/Team Lead - .NetNSW