Israel-based researchers said they've developed a cheaper and faster method to pull the encryption keys stored on a computer using an unlikely accomplice: pita bread.
Let's Encrypt, a project aimed at increasing the use of encryption across websites by issuing free digital certificates, is planning to issue the first ones next month.
The U.S. government is mandating the use of the HTTPS security protocol on all of its public websites and web services by the end of 2016.
A number of high-profile source-code repositories hosted on GitHub could have been modified using weak SSH authentication keys, a security researcher has warned.
Facebook will require application developers to move later this year to a more secure type of digital signature for their apps, which is used to verify a program's legitimacy.
Computer security experts said they've found a new encryption flaw closely related to one found earlier this year that puts Web surfers' data at risk.
Apple and Google are appealing to U.S. President Barack Obama to reject proposals to allow encryption "back doors" in mobile devices.
The shamelessness of ransomware pushers knows no bounds. After encrypting people's files and then holding them to ransom, they portray themselves as service providers offering technical support and discounts to their "customers."
Microsoft is betting that good security support will be key to keeping its enterprise customers from straying to rivals.
Mozilla is planning to gradually favor HTTPS (HTTP Secure) connections over non-secure HTTP connections by making some new features on its browser available only to secured sites.
A Utah-based startup has launched a subscription model for buying SSL certificates, an essential but at times onerous task.
Some users whose computers have been infected with a ransomware program called TeslaCrypt might be in luck: security researchers from Cisco Systems have developed a tool to recover their encrypted files.
Attackers can potentially snoop on the encrypted traffic of over 25,000 iOS applications due to a vulnerability in a popular open-source networking library.
Some of the world's leading cryptographers are concerned about the increasing number of malicious programs that hold computers and mobile phones to ransom, in many cases by abusing the encryption algorithms they designed.
Cryptography experts at the RSA security conference on Tuesday picked holes in U.S. plans to require that law enforcers be given a way to break encryption to exercise lawful intercept rights.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Review: Periscope users rejoice with Feiyu’s G4 Plus 3-Axis Gimbal for Smartphone video
- How to find the cheapest flights
- Why is Australian internet tech support so terrible?
- How Google Translate helped me with the woman who pummelled my buttocks
- 60 turns with Civilization VI: 3 key tweaks will change how you conquer the world
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCTechnology and Security ArchitectACT
- FTAutomation Test Engineer | C#/.Net focusNSW
- CCHybrid Mobile App DeveloperNSW
- CCSoftware Biomedical Solutions ArchitectSA
- CCPMO AnalystVIC
- CCSoftware & Hardware Asset Management - 2 rolesNSW
- CCData ArchitectSA
- CCTelecommunications Operations Support officerACT
- CCIT Desktop Support- Travelling in NSW requiredNSW
- FTIT Project ManagerAsia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/ SQL/Web) 160708/AP/352Asia
- FTLead Tableau Reporting ConsultantNSW
- CCSystems Engineer | Defence intelligence projects | NV2 clearanceACT
- CCServiceNow DeveloperVIC
- CCSystems Engineer / Applications Scripting DeveloperSA
- FTPractice Lead - InsuranceNSW
- FTManager of Infrastructure ServicesVIC
- CCITSM ConsultantNSW
- CCSolution Architect / Designer - Cyber SecurityNSW
- CCMaster Scheduler - IT Infrastructure ProgramsNSW
- CCJunior PM/ConsultantACT
- FTContract System SpecialistAsia
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA / SQL) 160621/JP/224Asia
- CCSystems EngineerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/JAVA/Oracle) 160617/AP/025Asia