Panasonic has developed a data transmission system that can exchange information through human touch.
Microsoft showed off a demo of how the HoloLens could be used in a business context at its Worldwide Partner Conference on Monday, aiming to attract interest from the developers and integrators in the audience.
WebVR support is a work in progress for the Chromium project, which could one day change how we browse the Internet.
Makers of wearable computing devices will ship 110 million products in 2016, a big increase from 2015, with smartwatches accounting for about a quarter of those sales, IDC predicted.
There's never any shortage of buzzwords in the IT world, but when it comes to AI, they can be hard to tell apart.
If you haven't been paying much attention to virtual reality, now might be a good time to start. In a series of announcements at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona this week, some of the biggest names in smartphones, consumer electronics and social m...
A startup called Eyefluence aims to improve virtual and augmented reality with its eye-tracking technology. After an early glimpse at what the company's tech can do, it seems like a must-have for future headsets.
One by one, artificial intelligence has overcome the obstacles set before it. Is this all part of an inevitable trend leading to humanity's obsolescence -- or, at least, unemployment?
This will be the year millions of gearheads put on VR/AR headsets to explore their alter-egos, play games or watch 3D content.
Alphabet, the parent company of Google, racked up US$3.6 billion in losses last year on investments in "big bets" such as self-driving cars and Internet balloons.
Android phones may soon get a whole lot smarter thanks to a new partnership between Google and chip maker Movidius that promises to bring machine intelligence directly into mobile devices.
Apple has reportedly acquired artificial-intelligence startup Emotient, giving it access to technology that could one day imbue its devices with the ability to "read" people's emotions through their facial expressions.
Microsoft and Volvo announced this week that they are working together to let consumers take new cars for a spin using the HoloLens augmented reality headgear.
Researchers in Singapore began a two-year trial this week of a smartphone app that attempts to use artificial intelligence to influence the real world decisions of users.
Signals is a new textual analytics platform that aims to help users in businesses of any size crunch a wide variety of data without having to rely on highly trained data scientists or IT experts for help.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Logitech's G410 mechanical keyboard is $60 today
- Leaked Microsoft document confirms Windows 10 Cloud and a Chromebook competitor
- Radeon RX 480 owners are transforming their graphics cards into the Radeon RX 580
- EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 review: A ferocious graphics card with a radical cooler
- Why getting the basics right in ITSM is the real advantage for businesses
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCWindows Server EngineerNSW
- FTOperational Safety Project ManagersSA
- FTSenior Solutions Architect - Network & Unified ComunicationsACT
- FTSpatial technical officerACT
- FTNetwork Engineer - CCNP - WeipaQLD
- FTProject Administrator - Telecommunications InfrastructureNSW
- FTHelpdesk AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Data ConsultantWA
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- TPSystems EngineerQLD
- FTLevel 2 Software & Hardware Support position.VIC
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- TPSenior Full-Stack DeveloperSA
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsNSW
- CCPMO AnalystVIC
- FTSAP ABAP Technical specialistACT
- TPProject ManagerVIC
- FTTest AnalystNSW
- FTPHP / WordPress DeveloperQLD
- CCTechnical Business Analyst - Infrastructure - VirtualizationNSW
- CCSecurity Specialist - NV1ACT
- FTSenior System EngineerNSW
- CCPerl Developer l Port Macquarie or QueanbeyanQLD
- FTSenior IOS DeveloperNSW