Oracle is building out its array of hardware products with the acquisition of storage vendor Pillar Data Systems, the company announced Wednesday. Terms of the deal, which is expected to close in July, were not disclosed.
IBM's Netezza division is rolling out a new analytic appliance that can analyze up to 10 petabytes of data "in a matter of minutes," the company is expected to announce Wednesday during the Enzee Universe conference in Boston.
Eddie Schwartz, former chief security officer at Netwitness Corp., a company recently acquired by EMC, has been named chief security officer of the storage vendor's RSA security division.
Hewlett-Packard today announced a series of upgrades to its storage products, including the addition of data snapshots and a portfolio of pre-configured storage systems.
Dell today announced a new appliance that allows its block-based storage area network (SAN) to store file-based data under one unified management interface.
In an acknowledgement of the severity of its recent computer compromise, RSA Security said Monday that it will replace SecureID tokens for any customer that asks.
Sales of external disk storage systems continue to boom with a fifth consecutive quarter of double-digit revenue gains, according to market research firm IDC.
EMC today formally announced a reseller partnership with MapR Technologies, a start-up that plans to sell a proprietary MapReduce product based on Apache Hadoop.
Only 10 per cent of large corporations are considering the public cloud as a place to store even their lowest tier of data for archive purposes, according to a survey by TheInfoPro, a market research firm.
Several big IT vendors, including IBM, Hewlett-Packard, BMC Software, Intel and Red Hat, announced this week that they are banding together to promote an open-source virtualization platform -- Kernel-based Virtual Machine (KVM) -- as an alternative t...
LAS VEGAS -- As corporate data stores continues to grow, in some cases by 50 per cent-plus a year, the expanding task of managing them and mining for information is forcing a change in how IT workers are trained.
* <strong>Company</strong>: EMC
LAS VEGAS -- As far as EMC CEO Joe Tucci is concerned, the future of his company is the hybrid cloud and big data analytics.
LAS VEGAS - EMC announced at its annual trade show today an upgrade to its data-caching appliance that allows storage arrays to replicate data between applications over distances greater than 2,000 miles.
The successful use of phishing emails to breach secure organizations like Oak Ridge National Laboratory and EMC's RSA security division is a stark reminder of the serious threat posed by a type of attack that was previously dismissed as low-tech.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Frazzled or burnt out? You need downtime but where do you find it?
- SurveyMonkey: Pokémon Go popularity may have already peaked
- Report: Apple Car launch date slips back a year to 2021
- Pokémon Go and the demon-haunted world
- Gaming desktops with AMD Zen chips will be hard to come by this year
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTSAP PI ABAP SpecialistVIC
- FTSystems Engineer | Defence | NV1 / NV2 clearanceACT
- CCSenior Business Process Analyst, FinanceNSW
- CCMicrosoft Business Intelligence (BI) ConsultantNSW
- CCSolution DesignerNSW
- CCInformatica DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- CCIT/Telco Graduate | 12mth ContractVIC
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCAccounts Reconciliation Officer/ AdministratorNSW
- CCUI/UX DeveloperVIC
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- FTCisco IP Telephony EngineerNSW
- FTAX Lead Functional ConsultantWA
- CCOSS/BSS Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCSAP Payroll Implement/Migration Project Manager/ SpecialistNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/Oracle) 160801/AP/258Asia
- CCCRM Technical Consultant / DeveloperNSW
- CC.Net DeveloperNSW
- CCIP Test Analyst - Baseline Security ClearanceVIC
- FTFull Stack DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Oracle Functional Analyst (Finance)VIC
- CCPractice Lead - Java, FrontendVIC