Sybase is hoping its IQ analytic database can make its mark in the burgeoning "Big Data" market with an array of new features, including native integration with the open-source MapReduce and Hadoop programming frameworks for large-scale data processi...
Six weeks after EMC's RSA security division saw its SecurID system hit by hackers, RSA president Tom Heiser met with the CIO of a large global medical device company.
VSphere 5.0, the latest iteration of VMware's "Cloud Operating System," boasts a wealth of updates, including new tools to manage fleets of VMs, and vast tiers of virtualized, vMotion-enabled storage links. (See "VMware makes cloud jumping easy".)
EMC's Greenplum subsidiary today announced a new capability to its Hadoop Data Computing Appliance (DCA) that allows users to mix and match unstructured and structured data analytics platforms.
Technology services and consulting company Accenture has agreed to pay $US63.7 million to resolve whistleblower allegations that it participated in a large-scale kickbacks scheme involving U.S. government contracts, the U.S. Department of Justice ann...
Enterprises and service providers spent more money on storage in the second quarter, emboldened by growing IT budgets, research company IDC will report on Friday.
While VMware had no shortage of new and updated products to debut at its VMworld conference, being held this week in Las Vegas, many VMware partners and competitors introduced their own offerings at the show as well.
"I forward this file to you for review. Please open and view it."
Users of NoSQL databases and data processing frameworks such as CouchDB and Hadoop are deploying these new technologies for their speed, scalability and flexibility, judging from a number of sessions at the NoSQL Now conference being held this week i...
Texas Memory Systems (TMS), best known for its pricey, yet extremely high-performance NAND flash-based storage arrays, has introduced a new system that it said competes with Tier 1 hard drives on a price-per-gigabyte basis.
At the upcoming VMworld conference, VMware plans to highlight new data-loss prevention capabilities in an updated version of its virtual system security product, vShield.
This vendor-written tech primer is submitted on the behalf of the NVMe Promoter Group, which is backed by Cisco, Dell, EMC, IDT, Intel, Micron, NetApp, Oracle, SandForce, and STEC. Readers should note it favors the NVMe's approach.
A raft of computer and software vendor financial results this week, including reports from IBM, Intel, Apple and Microsoft, revealed some record quarterly results and a healthy market for business technology, though clouds remain for segments of the ...
Increasing customer demand for big data technologies and cloud computing brought record financial results at EMC in the second quarter, the company reported Wednesday.
Nortel Networks has auctioned off its remaining patents and patent applications to a consortium of key technology companies for a cash purchase price of US$4.5 billion.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Should Netflix refund its geoblocked customers for their inconvenience?
- Windows 10's big Anniversary Update will hit phones the same time as PCs
- Hands-on with Pokémon Go: Catch 'em all by exploring the real world
- The Assembly hands-on: The future of VR is adventure games
- EC Technology Foldable Bluetooth Keyboard review: This Jorno clone can save you a few bucks
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCProject Analyst/ CoordinatorVIC
- FTTechnical COE SpecialistACT
- CCProgram DirectorNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (Renewable Contract)Asia
- CCProject DirectorWA
- CCImplementation Manager (Digital Signs)QLD
- CCSenior IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160630/SITA/642Asia
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCTechnical BA - Networking/Infrastructure - Site RelocationNSW
- CCProject Scheduler - IT Security ProgramNSW
- CCx2 AEM Frontend/UI DevelopersVIC
- CCSenior Change Manager, Financial ServicesNSW
- FTService Delivery Coordinator - ApplicationsNSW
- CCIT IT Project Management Support - data migration, SAP xECMNSW
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCITSM ConsultantNSW
- CCTibco DeveloperWA
- CCData AnalystVIC
- FTOracle Fusion Implementation ConsultantNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - Oracle Financials (Procure To Pay)NSW
- FTProject Coordinator / AdministratorNSW
- CCSenior Project Delivery ManagerACT
- FTIT Project Coordinator- Data Center Infrastructure backgroundNSW
- CCService Desk ConsultantVIC