The vendor gets aggressive about enterprise flash arrays, but faces challenges in the data center
EMC's VNX hybrid storage line is now built for flash first, with revamped software that can take full advantage of multicore processors, producing what the company calls a major boost in performance.
Apple, Microsoft, Google and Cisco are flush with cash, and so are many other tech companies
Boosting its portfolio of solid state storage technologies, EMC is acquiring ScaleIO, a purveyor of storage management software, for an undisclosed amount of cash.
With a new set of hardware and software releases, EMC is promising to simplify its customers' storage infrastructure by combining different types of operation into a single EMC system.
EMC is giving enterprises greater control over how corporate data gets distributed and to whom, plus more mobile capabilities, with the latest update to its Syncplicity service.
There may have been a few people who spat out their coffee the morning they read that EMC had unveiled what it called the "world's first" software-defined storage platform, EMC ViPR.
Global sales of external server storage have dropped for the first time since 2009, according to data from research firm IDC.
All that new data flowing into enterprises can bring along an expensive partner: multiple copies.
By now, it's become a tired old tech industry bromide: CIOs need to be business-savvy.
EMC will continue extending its Isilon OneFS network-attached storage operating system to new use cases later this year, adding deduplication, compliance auditing and object storage features.
Only a year after acquiring Syncplicity, EMC is getting ready to make the company's enterprise file management system work with hybrid clouds.
Software AG has picked up cloud PaaS (platform-as-a-service) vendor LongJump in a bid to give small and medium-sized companies a way to rapidly develop applications with less involvement from IT. Terms of the deal, which was announced Thursday, were ...
Making good on a promise made in December, VMware and parent company EMC have launched a new company, called Pivotal, to offer an enterprise-ready data analysis platform as a service (PaaS) based on software from both companies.
EMC reported first-quarter revenue rose 6 percent to US$5.39 billion, while net income fell about 1 percent year-over year to $580 million as costs rose.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung's Galaxy Alpha review: A peek into the Galaxy S6
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 4 review: The busiest, biggest and best Samsung phablet
- 3 Aldi's $279 Bauhn Sphere review: Disappointing
- 4 Nokia Lumia 735 review: Perfectly ordinary
- 5 Bowers & Wilkins P5 (Series 2) review: For elegant sound
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Pressure mounts in Europe for strict net neutrality
- Windows tablets available for under $100
- Use Uber? Snapchat? Google Maps? Now Twitter knows
- Opera pitches all-you-can-eat app stores to mobile operators
- Apple-IBM products in November? Not quite
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTPartnership Manager - MediaNSW
- FTSEO Content ExecutiveVIC
- CCStrategic Partner ManagerNSW
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Port Augusta / Whyalla AreaSA
- FTProgram Manager - Integration & SolutionsNSW
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Echuca AreaVIC
- FTMarketing Solutions ManagerNSW
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- FTDigital Account ManagerNSW