The most important cloud acquisitions this year have one thing in common: OpenStack.
EMC has continued its push into hybrid Clouds, buying three startups and introducing a package of hardware, software and services for getting a Cloud up and running.
EMC has confirmed it will purchase the bulk of Cisco's stake in VCE, the companies' joint venture in converged infrastructure products.
VCE is expanding its line of all-in-one cloud systems, adding one with all-flash storage and offering more options for enterprises that want an easier path to the cloud.
EMC spent almost a year discussing a merger with Hewlett-Packard and is weighing its options in light of the expected retirement of CEO Joe Tucci and shareholder discontent, according to a report in the Wall Street Journal.
The total disk storage systems market barely grew in the second quarter at a 0.3 percent year-over-year increase, with a continued drop in high-end storage sales, according to research firm IDC.
EMC is putting replication and recovery into the hands of VMware administrators with a software version of its RecoverPoint appliance that's designed for cloud computing.
Oracle has responded to a former employee's claim that a new in-memory processing option is turned on by default with the latest release of Database 12c, insisting that the process of enabling it requires a series of deliberate steps.
EMC's TwinStrata acquisition announced on Tuesday is just part of a bigger move to keep its venerable VMax storage platform up to date with large enterprises as they enter the cloud era.
Storage vendor EMC has scooped up cloud storage management company TwinStrata, the companies announced Tuesday.
A new Trojan program that can spy on victims, steal login credentials and interfere with browsing sessions is being sold on the underground market and might soon see wider distribution.
EMC may be in the market for security and data analytics acquisitions as it builds out what it calls a federation of businesses among VMware, RSA Security, Pivotal and the company's traditional storage operations.
EMC's introductions this week of its Elastic Cloud Storage Appliance (ECS) and of ViPR 2.0, the latest generation of its enterprise storage virtualization software, are two sides of the same coin.
The IT systems of the past 20 years won't be able to handle the emerging Internet of Things, which will call for cloud computing, virtualization, efficient storage and big-data analysis, according to EMC.
EMC has agreed to acquire DSSD, a Silicon Valley startup developing technology for pooling server-based flash for high-performance data access.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung's Galaxy Alpha review: A peek into the Galaxy S6
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 4 review: The busiest, biggest and best Samsung phablet
- 3 Aldi's $279 Bauhn Sphere review: Disappointing
- 4 Nokia Lumia 735 review: Perfectly ordinary
- 5 Bowers & Wilkins P5 (Series 2) review: For elegant sound
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- China to open up Internet broadband market with upcoming trials
- Close shaves between aircraft and drones on the upswing
- Obama signs legislation allowing regulatory e-labels for smartphones, wearables
- WD TV (2014 Personal Edition) review: Big screen fun
- Pressure mounts in Europe for strict net neutrality
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTProgram Manager - Integration & SolutionsNSW
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Port Augusta / Whyalla AreaSA
- FTDigital Account ManagerNSW
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Echuca AreaVIC
- FTMarketing Solutions ManagerNSW
- FTSEO Content ExecutiveVIC
- CCStrategic Partner ManagerNSW
- FTPartnership Manager - MediaNSW
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC