Elpida Memory and subsidiary Akita Elpida Memory said Wednesday that they have developed technology to mass-manufacture a four-layer DRAM package just 0.8 millimeters thick that can be used to pack more memory into thinner mobile phones and tablets.
Japanese DRAM maker Elpida Memory on Monday said its factories are operating "at close to normal levels" two weeks after the 9.0-magnitude earthquake in Japan, and that it has "sufficient parts and materials to continue supplying out customers as usu...
The devastating earthquake and tsunami that hit Japan on March 11 took a tragic toll on human life but also rocked markets this week, sending shares of businesses, including technology vendors, on a rollercoaster ride.
Some Japanese chip makers are starting to pick themselves up and resume operations in the earthquake and tsunami-torn northeast.
Prices of widely used chips, including NAND flash memory and DRAM, have both risen sharply since the 9.0-magnitude earthquake struck and hurled tsunami waves at the northeastern part of Japan.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's vision for LinkedIn is about tying its business data into Office and other services
- Facebook's Year in Review for 2016 isn't just fun and games
- AMD's Radeon Software Crimson ReLive debuts with features galore
- Intel, Microsoft renew 'Wintel' partnership with Project Evo and VR specs for PCs
- New Windows 10 Insider Build allows you to shut down your PC with your voice
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCAutoCAD Business System Analyst/ GIS, Spatial AnalystNSW
- FTService Lifecycle Management LeadVIC
- CCSystems Engineer -SOE/VDIACT
- FTTechnical Writer - HealthcareVIC
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystACT
- CCTest EngineerNSW
- CCIT Service Management Delivery SpecialistNSW
- CCEmail Production SpecialistQLD
- CCSolution Designer - MulesoftVIC
- CCTraining Manager - SAP HR/ PayrollNSW
- CCSoftware DeveloperNSW
- CCLead Systems EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager - Large Site relocation projectNSW
- TPProject Manager - HealthQLD
- CCNetwork Support EngineerNSW
- FTICT Manager - DefenceACT
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - AIXVIC
- FTUX/UI DesignerWA
- FTIT Client Support AnalystNSW
- TPSenior PMO AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Performance Test AnalystNSW
- CCOrganisational Change Manager - Financial ServicesNSW
- CCNetwork Solution Designer/Architect - Finance - Contract - SydneyNSW
- FTAnalyst Programmer Investment BankingVIC