Oracle has pushed out a major update to its E-Business Suite of applications, in a move that underscores the company's challenge of meeting customer needs while also persuading them to adopt its next-generation Fusion cloud software.
After spending billions to acquire a series of marketing-related software companies, Oracle is now undergoing the process of creating a unified suite it can take to battle against competing offerings from the likes of Salesforce.com and Microsoft.
Oracle is rolling out a series of new features for its Eloqua marketing automation suite, hoping to get a leg up on rivals such as Salesforce.com and IBM in the red-hot software segment.
Global CRM (customer relationship management) revenue grew 12.5 percent last year to US$18 billion, a rate three times that of all enterprise software segments on average, as companies look to acquire more business and serve existing customers better...
Oracle has laid in out in detail how it intends to compete with the likes of Salesforce.com in the highly competitive arena for next-generation marketing software.
Cloud-based marketing automation vendor Marketo's plans to raise up to $75 million in an initial public offering, which were revealed this week, could influence larger companies to acquire the company, including Salesforce.com and SAP.
It was a typically busy year for SAP, with the company making headlines for strong sales of its HANA in-memory database, high-profile acquisitions and aggressive moves into cloud computing.
Oracle surprised many tech industry observers by announcing Thursday it would pay US$871 million for marketing automation software vendor Eloqua. The move seemed a bit unlikely given the amount of sales and marketing software Oracle already had.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- 10 things you need to know about Intel's crazy 10-core Broadwell-E CPU
- Ballistix demonstrates first NVMe drive performance at Computex
- Computex: SSD makers who don't make U.2 SSDs say U.2 is 'dead on arrival' but motherboard maker shows otherwise
- 100 illuminated Intel drones to perform at Vivid Sydney
- Intel beefs up VR ammo with Extreme Edition Core i7 chips
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTManager, Applications SpecialistNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTPerformance Test AnalystNSW
- CCProject Manager/Iteration ManagerVIC
- FTAzure ConsultantQLD
- CCSenior Systems AnalystSA
- CCSAP Project ManagersNSW
- FTWeb & Mobile Solutions DeveloperNSW
- CCSolutions Architect - Enterprise ApplicationsNSW
- CCSenior Portfolio Analyst - Risk and MetricsNSW
- FTSOE Operations SpecialistACT
- FTSolution ArchitectACT
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCProject Manager NetworksNSW
- CCDeemed Order Business SpecialistVIC
- FTGraduate IT Support OfficerNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | Routing & switching | Design, implementation, L3 supportNSW
- CCDigital Project ManagerVIC
- CCAccess Control Administration / Help desk OperatorACT
- CCService Provider Manager - DesktopVIC
- CCMobility SpcialistACT
- CCLinux AdministratorVIC
- CCService Desk ConsultantACT
- FTDelivery Lead- AWSNSW
- FTBI / Business Intelligence Designer / ArchitectNSW