Chinese authorities have so far found no underage workers at a local Samsung Electronics supplier accused of using "child labor," but have started a campaign to crack down on the illegal activity.
Samsung Electronics has temporarily suspended business with one of its Chinese suppliers, after a labor watchdog group accused the factory of hiring five underage workers.
Dozens of China-based suppliers to Samsung Electronics violated various labor regulations last year, including failing to pay overtime wages and provide proper safety equipment for workers, according to recent audits.
Four years after a string of suicides brought unwanted attention to his company, Foxconn Technology Group's CEO said none of the deaths had to do with poor working conditions at its factories.
Expect more wearables, robots and even electric cars to come from manufacturing giant Foxconn Technology Group, as the Taiwanese company tries to reinvent itself as a broader technology service provider.
Environmental pressure groups and human rights organisations have sent a joint letter to Apple's chief environmental officer asking her to eliminate toxic chemicals from the company's supply chain.
Sure, you could buy a laptop, tablet or cloud service from Toshiba. But how about some spinach?
Dell is making a line of PCs using plastics obtained by expanding its recycling program.
Green America, a D.C.-based non-profit group, and The Nation magazine launched a campaign Wednesday intended to persuade consumers to boycott Apple products unless the company makes changes in its production and supply chain operations.
Hundreds of striking workers at an IBM server factory in China have decided to leave their jobs, disappointed with the U.S. company and the wages they will get once Lenovo takes over the factory.
Samsung Electronics does not expect delays in the production of its upcoming Galaxy S5 smartphone, after a fire broke out at a supplier's factory in South Korea on Sunday.
The iPhone 4 and 4S may no longer be cutting-edge in the U.S., but here in Zhengzhou, China, the handsets are becoming popular among the very low-wage workers that build them every day.
Foxconn is transforming the area around its factory in Zhengzhou, China. Here's a visual tour of the scene.
Manufacturing giant Foxconn Technology Group is investing US$1 billion to build factories in Indonesia, in the company's latest step to address a major handset market in Asia.
An iPhone factory in China that's been the site of several worker deaths in recent months has been under-reporting the long hours employees endure, according to an investigator from a labor protection group.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Apple's iPhone sued for infringement of touch feedback patents
- Cyber criminals hack Netflix: Symantec
- Australian businesses need to accept higher rotation of millennials: Kronos
- Is the road to machine learning paved with API providers?
- Need data-science skills? Now your team can learn together
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCAEM DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Identity ManagerVIC
- CCAndroid and iOS DevelopersVIC
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | $60-90K package | ChatswoodNSW
- FTJava Web Development OpportunityVIC
- CCContract System Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/SA/881Asia
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCBusiness Objects DeveloperNSW
- CCIT Service Deliver & Improvement ManagerACT
- CCProgram Master SchedulerNSW
- CCProgram Manager - Big Data - Telecommunications - UrgentNSW
- FTProject Manager / Scrum MasterNSW
- FTLevel 2 IT Support TechnicianVIC
- FTInsight / Customer - Data ScientistNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV2 clearance | Military jets, subs, bases and networksACT
- CCOrganisational Change AnalystQLD
- FTTechnical WriterNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (MS.Net/Visual Basic) 160129/AP/vtdAsia
- CCObjective ECMS Technical ConsultantSA
- CCSenior Project Manager - Cloud / Telecommunications (Melb CBD)VIC
- CCBusiness Process Analyst - Supply ChainVIC
- CCEXCEL Guru / Data AdministratorNSW
- CCImplementation ManagerVIC
- FTTechnical Consultant - ApplicationsSA