Chinese authorities have so far found no underage workers at a local Samsung Electronics supplier accused of using "child labor," but have started a campaign to crack down on the illegal activity.
Samsung Electronics has temporarily suspended business with one of its Chinese suppliers, after a labor watchdog group accused the factory of hiring five underage workers.
Dozens of China-based suppliers to Samsung Electronics violated various labor regulations last year, including failing to pay overtime wages and provide proper safety equipment for workers, according to recent audits.
Four years after a string of suicides brought unwanted attention to his company, Foxconn Technology Group's CEO said none of the deaths had to do with poor working conditions at its factories.
Expect more wearables, robots and even electric cars to come from manufacturing giant Foxconn Technology Group, as the Taiwanese company tries to reinvent itself as a broader technology service provider.
Environmental pressure groups and human rights organisations have sent a joint letter to Apple's chief environmental officer asking her to eliminate toxic chemicals from the company's supply chain.
Sure, you could buy a laptop, tablet or cloud service from Toshiba. But how about some spinach?
Dell is making a line of PCs using plastics obtained by expanding its recycling program.
Green America, a D.C.-based non-profit group, and The Nation magazine launched a campaign Wednesday intended to persuade consumers to boycott Apple products unless the company makes changes in its production and supply chain operations.
Hundreds of striking workers at an IBM server factory in China have decided to leave their jobs, disappointed with the U.S. company and the wages they will get once Lenovo takes over the factory.
Samsung Electronics does not expect delays in the production of its upcoming Galaxy S5 smartphone, after a fire broke out at a supplier's factory in South Korea on Sunday.
The iPhone 4 and 4S may no longer be cutting-edge in the U.S., but here in Zhengzhou, China, the handsets are becoming popular among the very low-wage workers that build them every day.
Foxconn is transforming the area around its factory in Zhengzhou, China. Here's a visual tour of the scene.
Manufacturing giant Foxconn Technology Group is investing US$1 billion to build factories in Indonesia, in the company's latest step to address a major handset market in Asia.
An iPhone factory in China that's been the site of several worker deaths in recent months has been under-reporting the long hours employees endure, according to an investigator from a labor protection group.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 802.11ac Wi-Fi gear driving strong WLAN equipment sales
- Microsoft declares 350M devices now on Windows 10
- Facebook chooses friends and family over celebrities in your feed, which is probably healthy
- Florida man sues Apple for $10 billion for 'stealing' his iPhone invention from 1992
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCMaster Scheduler - IT Infrastructure ProgramsNSW
- CCTest LeadNSW
- CCSoftware Biomedical Solutions ArchitectSA
- CCWeb Developer (Drupal)SA
- CCBusiness System Analyst - FinanceVIC
- CCNetwork EngineerACT
- FTFront End .Net Developer (.Net / Angular / Bootstrap)NSW
- CCSenior Solutions Architect - Marketing and Distribution systemsNSW
- CCICT PreSales SpecialistVIC
- CCProgram DirectorNSW
- FTOracle Fusion Implementation ConsultantNSW
- CCSecurity Engineer - SUMO focusNSW
- FTJunior Web DeveloperSA
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCUX DesignersQLD
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTIT Senior Business Analyst (12M)NSW
- CCField Network Engineer - GSM Networks.VIC
- CCSharepoint Developer | Air Force project | NV1 clearanceNSW
- CCx2 AEM Frontend/UI DevelopersVIC
- CCSalesforce DeveloperVIC
- FTTechnical Business Analyst (Integration background)NSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle) 160704/AP/601Asia
- CCIT Finance Systems Process AnalystNSW