The Kindle Paperwhite from Amazon comes close to being the perfect solution for on-the-go reading.
NookColor review: Barnes & Noble makes its mark with the first colour tablet optimised for reading
A stylish Sony eBook reader with an Apple iPad-style touchscreen
An affordable eBook reader that comes with a 1500-title library
First Impressions of Amazon's new 'Graphite' Kindle DX
Two months to the day and Kobo has delivered on its promise to release the Aura H2O in Australia and New Zealand.
Amazon’s Kindle has always been a bit of a niche product. It sits alone in that uncomfortable space in the market, catering traditionally to book lovers with a foot in the past and an eye to the future. You would think this is a relatively small mark...
Optus has partnered with Google to integrate a direct carrier billing model within the Google Play store.
Amazon has announced that its new Kindle Paperwhite eReader is now available through Dick Smith and Big W retail outlets across Australia.
Local book retailer, REDGroup Retail, will offer the next generation of its Kobo eBook reader devices in Australia before Christmas, as well as an expansion in its eBook line-up that will see several major publishers add titles to its library.
If you pride yourself on being a bit of a bookworm, you need to buy an e-reader – end of story. While basic E-Ink models continue to enter the marketplace, the category has morphed to include all manner of fancy tools and features: from inbuilt WiFi ...
A Silicon Valley product development consulting firm called the Nielsen Norman Group (not to be confused with the Nielsen ratings company) published a study last week comparing reading performance with a book to reading with an e-reader. The results-...
If the iPad doesn't succeed as a consumer electronics device--its initial target market--it may find a successful second career as an electronic textbook reader.
If you're concerned about the privacy implications of reading digital books, take a look at a nice guide put up yesterday by the Electronic Frontier Foundation.
I used to own a copy of National Geographic magazine from 1911. It was packed with black-and-white photographs of "natives" and village ethnic minorities in various countries posing awkwardly in ceremonial costumes. The issue was part of a larger col...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's upgraded Beam game-streaming service goes live, taking on Twitch and YouTube
- How to watch Donald Trump's presidential inauguration live online for free
- Microsoft's latest Windows 10 ad annoys Chrome users with taskbar pop-ups
- GeForce Now vs. GeForce Now: Nvidia's Shield and PC streaming services are wildly different
- Microsoft kills Cache, its note-taking experiment with Evernote-Google Keep aspirations
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCTest Automation ArchitectQLD
- FTSystems AnalystSA
- CCSharepoint DeveloperQLD
- TPSenior Test Analyst - TAFEQLD
- FTTechnical Account ManagerACT
- CCDeployment LeadVIC
- CCMid-level Java Developer / Programmer (Contract) Finance CBDNSW
- CCAgile CoachWA
- CCApplication Programmer - Software - Geospatial and Industrial EnterpriseVIC
- TPSoftware EngineerWA
- TPProject Manager - EnterpriseACT
- FTLife/400 Developers / Programmers - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW
- CCChange Manager - O365 Upgrade ProjectQLD
- CCTest AnalystQLD
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - AIXVIC
- CCTechnical lead (Informatica MDM)Other
- FTNational Manager of Security - We are looking for a strong Leader - Syd CBDNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst-DevOpsNSW
- CCSCRUM MasterVIC
- FTLinux EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTTechnical Account ManagerQLD
- CCDigital Business Analyst - Apps DevelopmentNSW
- FTSecurity IPS Engineer - Permanent - IT Services - SydneyNSW