Look out Google, you may have a new, unlikely challenger.
A firm owned by Microsoft co-founder Paul Allen has filed a lawsuit against Google, Apple, Facebook, and other companies alleging that they have violated patents related to search, multimedia, screen pop-ups and database management.
Would-be Internet telephony giant Skype has filed the paperwork for an initial public offering (IPO) on Nasdaq, the company has announced.
Three weeks ago, telecommunications company IDT Corp. filed a civil antitrust complaint against eBay and Skype, but the companies, which have also been in a patent dispute since 2006, have now settled all their differences.
A company called XPRT Ventures has sued eBay for patent infringement, asking the court for US$3.8 billion in damages.
The uproar over the iPhone 4's call reception, and Apple's suggestion that users slap a case around their new phone, has delayed shipments of the company's own "bumper" casing and driven up prices on eBay.
At a news conference attended by California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger and former Secretary of State Colin Powell, a Silicon Valley start-up today took the wraps off a fuel cell designed to enable individual homes and businesses to generate their own...
Growth at PayPal and its core auction business helped eBay beat analyst expectations for the fourth quarter.
A French court has fined eBay €1.7 million (US$2.5 million) for failing to comply with an earlier ruling that required the online retailer to prevent the sale of certain brands of perfume to French consumers on its sites.
Bertrand Piccard and Brian Jones became the first people to circumnavigate the Earth in a hot air balloon in 1999. It was also the year 55 per cent of Australians voted against becoming a republic in a referendum, and New Zealand elected its first fe...
A Seattle judge ruled in favor of a man arguing that he has the right to sell secondhand software, in a case that had some people worried about an end to used-book and CD stores.
Yahoo is opening its newly redesigned home page to external developers so that they can build applications for it, the company said Tuesday.
The man in charge of Sun Microsystems' global data-center strategy and a noted speaker on data-center energy efficiency is leaving Sun to work at eBay, he said on Tuesday.
EBay Tuesday announced it has signed an agreement to sell its Skype voice-over-IP service to a group of private investors in a deal that values the business at US$2.75 billion.
The future looked bright in September 2005 when eBay announced it was buying Internet telephony company Skype Technologies for $2.6 billion. But after four years of unfulfilled expectations, the marriage between the online auction giant and the upst...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Kogan Mobile upgrades to 4G network
- Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- MIT uses 4D maps to help robot teams navigate moving obstacles
- A new AMD licensing deal could create more x86 rivals for Intel
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSolution Architect / Data ArchitectNSW
- CCProject Coordinator (urgent) - Digital - Blue chip companyNSW
- CCSAP BASIS ConsultantVIC
- CCInteraction & Visual - Web DesignerNSW
- FTSharePoint DeveloperSA
- CCJava Developer - multiple opportunitiesNSW
- FTSenior Revenue Systems Functional AnalystSA
- CCApplication Migration ArchitectACT
- CCContract Snr IT Assistant (IT Operation/UNIX) 160504/SITA/982Asia
- FTTechnology Risk ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Enterprise Architect - eCommerceVIC
- FTGraduate IT Administration SupportVIC
- CCSenior ICT Project OfficerACT
- CCOnline Shop Operations Consultant (eCommerce)VIC
- CCHealthcare Test SpecialistSA
- FTData AnalystNSW
- CCWindows Server EngineerNSW
- CCICT Project Manager - Contact Centre/Telephony FocusNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCNV1 | System admin with SQL server experience for Defence Application SupportACT
- FTData AnalystNSW
- FTAzure ArchitectQLD
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCBusiness Project ManagerAsia