Amazon is trying to hit the sweet spot between fancy features and affordability with its new Kindle Paperwhite e-reader.
Rakuten is trying to inject some black ink into its struggling e-book business with the acquisition of OverDrive Holdings, one of the largest providers of e-books for rent to libraries and schools.
The holiday shopping season wasn't merry for Barnes & Noble's Nook division, which experienced plummeting sales of the Nook e-reader as well as content and accessories for the device.
Samsung is moving deeper into e-book and multimedia sales with Barnes & Noble, with which it jointly built a custom Nook tablet that's available now for US$179.
Sony is stopping e-reader production following the transfer of its e-book business outside Japan to Canada's Kobo.
Even the most voracious readers will take a few months to get the most out of Amazon.com's latest offer: access to 600,000 e-books and 2,000 audiobooks for a monthly fee of US$9.99. What publishers and authors will get out of it remains to be seen.
Users of the new Kindle for Samsung app will get up to 12 e-books for free a year, as Samsung Electronics joins forces with Amazon.com to boost the content on its mobile devices.
Sony sold more than 4 million PlayStation 4 units in December, putting it on top in the console war with Microsoft, Sony announced at International CES 2014 on Tuesday.
If you are tired of carrying around an e-reader and a smartphone, the dual-screen YotaPhone, which went on sale in Europe on Wednesday, might be for you.
Amazon.com's Kindle e-reader has dominated the competition in Japan since its launch last year, according to new research, showing the company's low pricing and powerful brand may have overcome its late entrance into the market.
An email composed, but never sent, by former Apple CEO Steve Jobs may prove instrumental in the Justice Department's case that Apple, along with the five largest book publishers, colluded to fix prices for electronic books.
Apple Senior Vice President Eddy Cue offered only short answers in testimony Thursday in federal court when questioned by U.S. Justice Department prosecutors trying to solidify their case that Apple, along with five of the largest book publishers, wo...
After remaining quiet on the hardware front for years, Amazon.com's China business has finally brought the company's Kindle tablet and Kindle e-reader to the country.
Apple appears to face an uphill battle as it goes to trial Monday in New York on e-book price fixing charges brought by the U.S. government.
Sony will soon launch a flexible e-reader device that is less than 7mm thick and weighs 358 grams, targeted for use in university classrooms.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Hands-on: Microsoft's Surface Studio is a Windows PC for the Mac crowd
- Renewable energy represented more than half of all new power capacity in '15
- Apple postpones the AirPods release date to ???
- Microsoft quietly unveils a Surface mouse and desktop keyboards for Surface Studio
- Microsoft's Surface Book i7 doubles the GPU performance of its predecessor
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCSharePoint / Office365 DeveloperWA
- CCApplication Support DeveloperVIC
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantQLD
- TPSenior Finance Systems AnalystVIC
- CCDesktop Support AnalystNSW
- TPAndroid Developer | Tech Start-UpNSW
- CCService Analyst (12-month contract)Asia
- CCSenior Security AnalystVIC
- CCNetwork DesignerVIC
- FTJunior Web Developer | Django | Python | AWS | PostgreSQL | North Sydney NSW
- CCDevOps EngineerNSW
- FTAccount Security ManagerACT
- TPICT Procurement OfficerQLD
- FTNetwork and Security Engineer - Checkpoint, Firewalls, VPNNSW
- FTWintel EngineerACT
- CCFront End Developer with Django or Rails exp.NSW
- FTWeb Business AnalystQLD
- TPTableau SpecialistNSW
- FTSenior Service Delivery ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Middleware Specialist MQ/TibcoVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle/SQL) 161018/AP/812Asia
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCAX Functional SupportQLD
- FTDynamics CRM DeveloperVIC
- FTTest LeadQLD