E-mail may still be the dominant tool for office communications in many companies today, but Microsoft on Wednesday unveiled a mobile-minded alternative that's focused primarily on short, quick messages.
Office 365 users have a new, more secure method of logging into Microsoft's Outlook apps for iOS and Android, thanks to an update the company announced Wednesday.
It wasn't long after the launch of Slack's namesake team-communication software last year that the San Francisco company was catapulted into the "unicorn" club -- that growing group of startups with valuations above $1 billion.
Google is giving systems admins more control over Apps documents in an attempt to alleviate concerns about securing company data after moving email and productivity software to the cloud.
Microsoft has boosted the functionality of the Office 365 enterprise search and discovery application Delve, and expects to finish its rollout to commercial Office 365 customers by mid-May.
Yahoo released the source code for a plugin that will enable end-to-end encryption of email messages, a planned data-security improvement prompted by disclosures of U.S. National Security Agency snooping.
Access to Microsoft's new Outlook apps has been blocked for members of the European Parliament because of "serious security issues."
A glitch in the search software in Apple's OS X Yosemite can expose private details of Apple Mail users, revealing their IP address as well as other system details to spammers, phishers and online tracking companies.
Setting the stage for advanced Office mail functionality on non-Windows platforms, Microsoft has acquired Acompli, a startup that provides software for organizing email on mobile devices.
In time for the holiday shopping season, Microsoft has refined how Office 365 handles bulk promotional emails from vendors like Amazon, eBay and Macy's.
IBM is going up against cloud-apps powerhouses Google and Microsoft with its next generation email client, called Verse, designed to enrich email with social media and analysis.
Google has given its Calendar mobile app the biggest makeover since its launch, adding features meant to make it a more intuitive and smart time-management tool.
Google is taking another crack at email overload, but this time around it's resorting to drastic measures, developing a new product apparently built from scratch without relying on Gmail.
Apps admins will be able to communicate with Google tech support staffers via online chat, complementing other existing options, including phone calls.
Another startup wants to offer mobile messaging to enterprises, even though it's questionable whether such a narrow service can sustain a company and even though it's likely that larger enterprise collaboration vendors will jump into this market.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Seagate 8TB NAS drive: Review
- Seagate ST1000LX001 review
- Report: Microsoft could debut Xbox One game streaming stick and 'Xbox TV' at E3
- This sticker can wirelessly charge your smartphone or tablet
- Microsoft breaks own design rules in dupe-the-user Windows 10 upgrade tactic
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSenior Project ManagerVIC
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Programmer (Data Engineering)NSW
- CCMobility SpcialistACT
- CCCCB & MDM ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Network Engineer - NV1ACT
- CCNetwork Consultant - Bandwidth Assessment | 3 month contract into Defence | NV1+ACT
- CCProgram Communications SpecialistVIC
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- FTPermanent Defence network engineer - career progression & flexible conditionsACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst - NV1VIC
- FTManager, Applications SpecialistNSW
- CCContract Computer Operator (UNIX/Windows-based) 1610524/CCO/vmtAsia
- CCIT Program ManagerACT
- CCBPM / Java DeveloperNSW
- FTService Desk AnaylstNSW
- CCPEGA Developer / ConfigurerACT
- FTTechnical Specialist EmailACT
- CCQA OfficerACT
- CCApplication System EngineerACT
- CCPHP / Magento E-Commerce DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical WriterACT
- FTCloud ArchitectAsia
- FTIT Support - Level 1NSW
- CCSr Service ManagementACT