E-mail may still be the dominant tool for office communications in many companies today, but Microsoft on Wednesday unveiled a mobile-minded alternative that's focused primarily on short, quick messages.
Office 365 users have a new, more secure method of logging into Microsoft's Outlook apps for iOS and Android, thanks to an update the company announced Wednesday.
It wasn't long after the launch of Slack's namesake team-communication software last year that the San Francisco company was catapulted into the "unicorn" club -- that growing group of startups with valuations above $1 billion.
Google is giving systems admins more control over Apps documents in an attempt to alleviate concerns about securing company data after moving email and productivity software to the cloud.
Microsoft has boosted the functionality of the Office 365 enterprise search and discovery application Delve, and expects to finish its rollout to commercial Office 365 customers by mid-May.
Yahoo released the source code for a plugin that will enable end-to-end encryption of email messages, a planned data-security improvement prompted by disclosures of U.S. National Security Agency snooping.
Access to Microsoft's new Outlook apps has been blocked for members of the European Parliament because of "serious security issues."
A glitch in the search software in Apple's OS X Yosemite can expose private details of Apple Mail users, revealing their IP address as well as other system details to spammers, phishers and online tracking companies.
Setting the stage for advanced Office mail functionality on non-Windows platforms, Microsoft has acquired Acompli, a startup that provides software for organizing email on mobile devices.
In time for the holiday shopping season, Microsoft has refined how Office 365 handles bulk promotional emails from vendors like Amazon, eBay and Macy's.
IBM is going up against cloud-apps powerhouses Google and Microsoft with its next generation email client, called Verse, designed to enrich email with social media and analysis.
Google has given its Calendar mobile app the biggest makeover since its launch, adding features meant to make it a more intuitive and smart time-management tool.
Google is taking another crack at email overload, but this time around it's resorting to drastic measures, developing a new product apparently built from scratch without relying on Gmail.
Apps admins will be able to communicate with Google tech support staffers via online chat, complementing other existing options, including phone calls.
Another startup wants to offer mobile messaging to enterprises, even though it's questionable whether such a narrow service can sustain a company and even though it's likely that larger enterprise collaboration vendors will jump into this market.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- AMD's Radeon Pro WX GPUs can create VR content for under $1,000
- AMD introduces a new Radeon Pro WX series to replace FirePro
- How to use Microsoft Edge, Windows 10's new browser
- Here are the key security features coming to Windows 10 next week
- Nvidia's latest Quadro GPU delivers a blistering 12 teraflops of performance
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- CCeLearning Developer / Learning Management System AdministratorACT
- CCAssociate Engineer (Communications Engineering)Asia
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCSolution DesignerNSW
- FTBusiness Development ManagerVIC
- CCEnvironment Support AnalystQLD
- CCLead Solutions ArchitectQLD
- FTSenior Natural/ADABAS ProgrammerSA
- FTMidrange Server Provision SMENSW
- CCData Analyst / Data ModelerNSW
- FTCloud EngineerVIC
- CCDrupal DeveloperWA
- CCSales Support Associate - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTSystems EngineerNSW
- CCExcel Modelling specialist/consultant.VIC
- CCBusiness Intelligence Developer - Initial 3mth ContractVIC
- CCContract IT Assistant (SQL/Windows) 160804/ITA/151Asia
- FTSCCM Applications PackagerWA
- FTSystems Applications ManagerACT
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerACT
- CCSenior PHP Developer (12 month contract )VIC
- CCPortfolio AnalystVIC
- FTMobility Test AnalystNSW