Electronic signatures now have legal force across the European Union, but at the highest levels of government too many procedures are still performed on paper, outgoing European Commission Vice President Neelie Kroes said Tuesday.
Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella wooed India's government and banks on Tuesday with an offer to host cloud services including Azure and Office 365 in the country.
The new Indian government has indicated strong support for a controversial project to require residents to have biometric IDs in order to collect government benefits, setting a target of 1 billion enrollments by 2015.
U.S. President Barack Obama has named long-time Google executive Megan Smith as the government's new CTO, in charge of improving technology and the use of data across agencies.
Canada Revenue Agency has halted online filing of tax returns by the country's citizens following the disclosure of the Heartbleed security vulnerability that rocked the Internet this week.
An international think tank launched at the World Economic Forum on Wednesday with the goal of influencing the future governance of the Internet.
A proposal by Google to offer voter lookup services was declined by the Election Commission of India, after cybersecurity experts and political parties voiced concern about the plan's security implications.
Germany's new coalition government listed open source software among its IT policy priorities, and said it will take steps to protect its citizens against espionage threats from the NSA and other foreign intelligence agencies.
A controversial biometric project in India, which could require people to produce their biometric IDs to collect government subsidies, has received a significant setback from the country's Supreme Court.
Germany should change a law to enable public administrations to make their software available as free and open source, a German parliamentary committee has advised.
Italy's innovative 5-Star Movement last week organized an online vote to choose its candidates for next year's national election in what it said was the first such exercise ever to be attempted.
Spammers have found a way to abuse a URL shortener service destined for U.S. government social media activities in order to craft rogue .gov URLs for work-at-home scams.
Steven VanRoekel, formerly managing director at the U.S. Federal Communications Commission, will succeed Vivek Kundra as the Chief Information Officer (CIO) of the U.S. federal government, The New York Times reports.
India has issued digital identities to about 9.5 million people so far, and plans to step up enrollment to 1 million a day from October, the head of the agency issuing the biometric identities said on Thursday at a conference in Bangalore.
Electric power cuts in India are frequent and all over the country. But information on the extent of the problem has been largely anecdotal.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 2 LED Lenser P7R Professional Torch review
- 3 Aftershokz Wireless Trekz Titanium Bone Conduction Bluetooth Headphones review
- 4 Review: Periscope users rejoice with Feiyu’s G4 Plus 3-Axis Gimbal for Smartphone video
- 5 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Home Theatre review: Which is better, a 4K projector or 4K TV?
- Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920 review: HD video and stereo sound add polish to video calls
- Boat rental with GetMyBoat – the AirBnB of boating
- Want to live on Mars with 1M of your closest friends?
- Mozilla tests ad-blocking feature in Firefox
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (IT Security) 160928/JP/653Asia
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst -Change and SAP ProcurementNSW
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - Telecom ProjectNSW
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- CCeCommerce Project ManagerNSW
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCLAN ConsultantWA
- FTDesktop/Application SupportVIC
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCService Desk analystSA
- FTNetwork and Security Design EngineerNSW
- CCData Analyst | Data Feeds | Catalogue and MapNSW
- CCSolutions ArchitectACT
- CCIT Security ArchitectACT
- CCSenior Infrastrcture Project ManagerACT
- CCNetwork and Security EngineerNSW
- CCSecurity Cleared IT Professionals - Expression of InterestSA
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 160927/JP/551Asia
- CCTechnical Architect/DesignerACT