Electronic signatures now have legal force across the European Union, but at the highest levels of government too many procedures are still performed on paper, outgoing European Commission Vice President Neelie Kroes said Tuesday.
Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella wooed India's government and banks on Tuesday with an offer to host cloud services including Azure and Office 365 in the country.
The new Indian government has indicated strong support for a controversial project to require residents to have biometric IDs in order to collect government benefits, setting a target of 1 billion enrollments by 2015.
U.S. President Barack Obama has named long-time Google executive Megan Smith as the government's new CTO, in charge of improving technology and the use of data across agencies.
Canada Revenue Agency has halted online filing of tax returns by the country's citizens following the disclosure of the Heartbleed security vulnerability that rocked the Internet this week.
An international think tank launched at the World Economic Forum on Wednesday with the goal of influencing the future governance of the Internet.
A proposal by Google to offer voter lookup services was declined by the Election Commission of India, after cybersecurity experts and political parties voiced concern about the plan's security implications.
Germany's new coalition government listed open source software among its IT policy priorities, and said it will take steps to protect its citizens against espionage threats from the NSA and other foreign intelligence agencies.
A controversial biometric project in India, which could require people to produce their biometric IDs to collect government subsidies, has received a significant setback from the country's Supreme Court.
Germany should change a law to enable public administrations to make their software available as free and open source, a German parliamentary committee has advised.
Italy's innovative 5-Star Movement last week organized an online vote to choose its candidates for next year's national election in what it said was the first such exercise ever to be attempted.
Spammers have found a way to abuse a URL shortener service destined for U.S. government social media activities in order to craft rogue .gov URLs for work-at-home scams.
Steven VanRoekel, formerly managing director at the U.S. Federal Communications Commission, will succeed Vivek Kundra as the Chief Information Officer (CIO) of the U.S. federal government, The New York Times reports.
India has issued digital identities to about 9.5 million people so far, and plans to step up enrollment to 1 million a day from October, the head of the agency issuing the biometric identities said on Thursday at a conference in Bangalore.
Electric power cuts in India are frequent and all over the country. But information on the extent of the problem has been largely anecdotal.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- GeForce Now vs. GeForce Now: Nvidia's Shield and PC streaming services are wildly different
- Microsoft kills Cache, its note-taking experiment with Evernote-Google Keep aspirations
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15014 officially adds ebook support
- Data shows Tesla vehicle crashes dropped 40% with Autopilot
- Mozilla's new corporate logo evokes URL lingo
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTSystems Engineer l Citrix NetScalerNSW
- CCPMO Analyst - Financial ServicesNSW
- CCSolution Delivery Manager / Project ManagerNSW
- FTSDLC CoordinatorACT
- FTSecurity Incident / SOC Analyst (Tier 1) - Permanent - North Ryde BasedNSW
- FTSalesforce Technical Business Analyst (Brisbane based)NSW
- CCInfrastructure Technical Team LeadQLD
- FTSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- FTITCM EngineerNSW
- TPICT - Contracts and Commercial AnalystQLD
- TPService Desk AnalystVIC
- CCProject Manager - TelcoVIC
- CCTechnical lead (Informatica MDM)Other
- TPSenior Project Manager - Digital Application CX TransformationNSW
- FTMDM - ConsultantNSW
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- FTManager Integration PlanningNSW
- TPSenior Test Analyst - TAFEQLD
- TPProgram ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - AIXVIC
- TPMobile Application DeveloperWA
- CCTechnical Business Analyst-DevOpsNSW
- FTSAP BW ConsultantACT
- FTSecurity Solutions Architect - Consultancy - Permanent - Sydney CBDNSW