The new Indian government has indicated strong support for a controversial project to require residents to have biometric IDs in order to collect government benefits, setting a target of 1 billion enrollments by 2015.
U.S. President Barack Obama has named long-time Google executive Megan Smith as the government's new CTO, in charge of improving technology and the use of data across agencies.
Canada Revenue Agency has halted online filing of tax returns by the country's citizens following the disclosure of the Heartbleed security vulnerability that rocked the Internet this week.
An international think tank launched at the World Economic Forum on Wednesday with the goal of influencing the future governance of the Internet.
A proposal by Google to offer voter lookup services was declined by the Election Commission of India, after cybersecurity experts and political parties voiced concern about the plan's security implications.
Politics collided with the world of technology this year as stories about U.S. government spying stirred angst both among the country's citizens and foreign governments, and the flawed HeathCare.gov site got American health-care reform off to a rocky...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Microsoft Surface Pro 3 Windows 8.1 tablet
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Tab S (10.5) 4G review
- 3 TomTom Runner Cardio GPS watch
- 4 LG G3 review
- 5 Nokia Lumia 930 review
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Cisco buys private cloud provider Metacloud
- VMware gives desktop admins more control with Mirage update
- Open document formats campaign backed by EU's digital commissioner
- Adobe releases previously delayed security updates for Reader and Acrobat
- Sony slashes value of its mobile business, projects larger loss for fiscal year
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.