Google is merging its Checkout and Wallet electronic payment services to consolidate them into a single product that works both on Web browsers and mobile devices.
The Stop Online Piracy Act, the subject of a hearing before the U.S. House of Representatives Judiciary Committee Wednesday, has generated heated debate since lawmakers introduced it on Oct. 26.
Sponsors of the controversial U.S. Stop Online Piracy Act defended the legislation Wednesday, saying the proposal is needed to shut down websites trafficking in billions of dollars worth of online piracy.
U.S. lawmakers opposed to a controversial copyright enforcement bill scheduled for a hearing Wednesday are working on alternative legislation that would be more narrowly focused on infringing websites, two opponents of the bill said.
The World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) has released the first draft of two standards intended to protect the privacy of Web users and allow them to opt out of Web tracking systems.
IBM has reached a deal with Chinese electronics retailer Suning Appliance to build research centers in China and the U.S. meant to develop e-commerce products for the company.
The U.S. House of Representatives Judiciary Committee will conduct a hearing on the controversial copyright enforcement bill, the Stop Online Piracy Act, on Wednesday, the committee has announced.
Legislation in the U.S. Congress that would allow federal law enforcement officials to block websites accused of copyright piracy is necessary because of the vast number of foreign sites trading in infringing music and movies and counterfeit products...
The U.S. online retail market looks solid as the busy holiday shopping season gets under way, although economic uncertainty remains, according to a study from comScore.
Four U.S. senators have introduced legislation that would allow states to collect taxes on Internet sales, even when the seller does not have a physical presence in the taxing state.
Zestcash, a startup that's trying to disrupt the "payday" loans market by using novel search and data analysis techniques, is about to expand into more U.S. states.
Supporters of a controversial copyright protection bill recently introduced in the U.S. House of Representatives are firing back after several digital rights groups have suggested the legislation could lead to law enforcement officials targeting site...
To get Indian small and medium businesses online, Google and partner HostGator.com will pay for one year for the domain name registration and website hosting of 500,000 Indian businesses.
Chinese e-commerce giant Alibaba Group is investing 1 billion yuan (US$157 million) in its eTao shopping search engine, as part of an effort to turn it into a leading destination for online consumers, it said on Wednesday.
Nearly all of China's over 5,000 group buying sites will eventually go under as tough competition and diminishing cash reserves force them to fold, according to the CEOs of two leading group buying sites in the country.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- PC World Test rig 2017
- Samsung blames batteries from two makers for Note7 explosions
- Why Apple will make smart glasses
- Lavabit developer has a new encrypted, end-to-end email protocol
- Apple sues Qualcomm over patent licensing and $1B in payments
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - CRMVIC
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- FTAutomation TesterVIC
- FTUNIX / Linux EngineerNSW
- TPDrupal Developer - Immediate startQLD
- CCVirtualization ArchitectACT
- FTApplication Developer - FileNetWA
- FTBusiness Development Manager - Queensland TerritoryQLD
- FTExecutive Sales ManagerNSW
- FTPHP DeveloperQLD
- FTChange ManagerACT
- FTFull Stack Web Developer - UI/UX - .NET or JAVANSW
- CCAutomation Test Analyst - Geospatial and Industrial EnterpriseVIC
- CCData Modeller and Business Analyst - Integration ProjectQLD
- FTTrading Systems EngineerNSW
- FTSystem AdministratorNSW
- CCEnterprise Solution ArchitectNSW
- TPLevel 3 Systems EngineerWA
- CCVMWare Automation ArchitectACT
- FTFull stack Developer - Senior (Java or C# and AngularJS) x 3QLD
- FTSAP BW ConsultantACT
- CCNetwork EngineerACT
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst Finance & Lending - Brisbane Based RoleVIC