Alibaba Group is targeting the U.S. market with a US$200 million investment in ShopRunner, an online retailer that competes with Amazon.com, a source familiar with the deal said Friday.
Software to help small businesses comply with an U.S. Internet sales tax would cost many businesses tens of thousands of dollars to roll out and nearly as much to maintain each year, according to a study released by opponents of the proposed tax.
Facebook is moving ahead with plans to test a new mobile feature to entice more people to buy products while shopping on smaller devices such as iPhones.
Pinterest already makes nice with outside businesses to better connect them with its site, but the social network is now thinking about consummating that relationship with promotional content.
Auction giant eBay wants to know how you feel about Bitcoin.
After seeing its popularity decline, Yahoo's Internet portal in China has formally closed down, in a sign that e-commerce giant Alibaba Group is transitioning away from the brand.
Ankur Nandwani is a news junkie who keeps hitting pay walls. He would pay for content, but not for a subscription.
A Bitcoin trade group met with representatives of several U.S government agencies Monday as regulators debate whether the online currency should comply with currency rules.
Chinese search giant Baidu plans to spend US$160 million to buy a majority stake in a leading group buying site in the country, part of a string of recent deals the company had made to bolster its Internet business.
A widely used Bitcoin wallet service plans to issue refunds to people who saw their bitcoins stolen as a result of a weakness in its application.
Facebook plans to test a new service designed to streamline the check-out process for people shopping on their mobile devices. It could become a competitor to other e-commerce players like PayPal.
San Francisco-based online payments startup Stripe expanded to the U.K. Thursday.
A prominent U.S. Senate committee has launched a formal inquiry to investigate criminal activity and other risks tied to the use of virtual currencies such as Bitcoins.
Bitcoin wallets on Android are vulnerable to theft because of problems in a component that generates secure random numbers, developers said.
There's a broad belief that bitcoin might just be the virtual currency that takes off in a big way. To do that, it will need to become a lot easier to use.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- How to delete and disable location history in the Windows 10 Creators Update
- Staples is selling a color laser printer for $75
- Optane Memory review: Why you may want Intel's futuristic cache in your PC
- Microsoft offers Gmail users some key Outlook features, but only via Windows 10
- What's wrong with Microsoft To-Do: 8 things lacking in Wunderlist's replacement
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Functional Analyst - FinanceQLD
- CCSenior Business AnalystSA
- FTProject Administrator - Telecommunications InfrastructureNSW
- FTGraduate Technical ConsultantACT
- FTSenior Capacity Planner | Contract through till DecemberVIC
- FTHealthcare Application Integration SupportQLD
- FTPortfolio Lead, Project Delivery PracticeNSW
- FTDeveloper - Python, Ruby, or PerlQLD
- FTElectronic Payments POS Business Analyst - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTTest AnalystNSW
- FTHelpdesk AnalystNSW
- CCSCCM EngineerNSW
- CCInteraction DesignerNSW
- CCSenior Full Stack Web DeveloperACT
- CCSenior Project CoordinatorNSW
- FTSenior C# DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior MS Server Administrator with HyperVNSW
- FTSecurity and Technical Risk ManagerQLD
- CCSystems AdministratorNSW
- CCIXD/Interaction DesignerVIC
- TPSolution ArchitectQLD
- FTAudio Visual / Video Solution Architect | $100 p/hrVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectACT
- FTScrum MasterNSW