The Kobo Wireless eReader offers better performance, but screen refresh and speed remain issues
The Alex is much more than an e-book reader; it's also a pad-style computer courtesy of the Android OS
e-books in pictures
Apple's iPad is a multi-function device that focuses on multimedia and some productivity apps, but also functions as an e-reader with a new iBook store of EPub format books.
When Amazon released its first-generation Kindle, the company was light years ahead of the market, with virtually no competition for digital readers’ eyeballs. In 2010, though, the e-reader universe is not only set to explode, but it’s also set to fragment. What defines an e-reader? Is it only a device with an electronic paper-like display? Is it a device (tablet or otherwise) that has an LCD screen? Or does software turn any device into an e-Reader?
Gadget gurus have been testing out Amazon's Kindle Fire media tablet ahead of the device's Tuesday ship date and the consensus is that it's a solid alternative to the iPad for some environments.
After months of hype, Amazon today announced the Kindle Fire, a 7-inch tablet with a $199 price tag. Amazon also refreshed its line of e-readers with a $149 Kindle Touch 3G, a $99 Kindle Touch without 3G, and a non-Touch $79 Kindle.
If you're afraid you're not sharing enough of your daily activities with your online friends, here's another chance to get social...with books.
Amazon's unveiling of a Kindle tablet would shake up the industry and pose one of the biggest threats to the Apple iPad -- which is why the technology world has its eyes on the online retailer as it prepares for a media gathering in New York this wee...
The Internet is abuzz with talk of Amazon's rumored streaming service for books. This news is exciting for any business, professional, or student that relies on research from original sources.
If you're a Kindle owner, you've probably discovered the device's enviable ability to bookmark pages, highlight passages, and add notes (a.k.a. annotations).
As more people turn to e-readers, which are particularly handy for travel, a variety of screen guards and cases have hit the market, as have accessories such as clip-on lights and decorative decals. We looked at a variety of them this month.
The latest Barnes & Noble Nook e-reader is getting a lot of positive buzz, and for good reason. It's thin and light, has a touchscreen interface that's easy to navigate, and is priced the same (US$139, Wi-Fi) as Amazon's industry-leading Kindle.
Are you still holding out to see what happens with this whole ebooks "fad" before deciding whether to embrace it for your business? Well, the times they are a changin' and there are a variety of reasons that ebooks are outpacing printed books.
After a year that has seen the eReader options explode from "which version of the Kindle would you like?" to a virtual smorgasbord of devices from a diverse array of vendors, the challenge now is for the eReader to define itself better and justify it...
E-readers are making a big play at CES this year, and I got to hold and play briefly with two new ones: the Que from Plastic Logic and a preview version of the Skiff from Skiff LLC.
Pictures have emerged of what is allegedly the Barnes & Noble eReader device slated to be available next month in time for the holiday season. Barnes & Noble's entry into the eReader fray adds another major player to the mix-- and one that has it...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Seagate 8TB NAS drive: Review
- Seagate ST1000LX001 review
- Report: Microsoft could debut Xbox One game streaming stick and 'Xbox TV' at E3
- This sticker can wirelessly charge your smartphone or tablet
- Microsoft breaks own design rules in dupe-the-user Windows 10 upgrade tactic
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCOracle Siebel Administrator - JULY STARTACT
- CCBig Data DeveloperWA
- CCMS SCOM AdministratorVIC
- CCTransition Manager / Project ManagerQLD
- CCMicrosoft System Engineer - NV1ACT
- FTTechnical LeadNSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Australian Systems Integrator - Immediate interviewNSW
- FTOPEN _ ASAP_Technical Specialist COEACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Application/.Net) 160523/AP/254Asia
- FTPeoplesoft CRM DeveloperWA
- CCOracle DBA | 3-6mth ContractVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (.NET C#/MS ASP .NET) 160526/AP/263Asia
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Canberra | Major exciting White Paper projectsNSW
- CCSenior Change AnalystNSW
- CCData Feeds Developer | Financial Services | C# & SQLNSW
- FTImplementation / Deployment Specialist- Web Sphere, ESB, IIBNSW
- CCData Migration Quality Manager- SAP ECCNSW
- FTAgile Implementation LeadNSW
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Major exciting White Paper projectsACT
- CCICT Contracts and Procurement SpecialistACT
- FTTester/Business AnalystWA
- CCProject ManagerACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (MS SQL Server/C#.NET)160520/AP/vmtAsia
- CCSenior Systems AnalystSA
- CCDomain Specialist | Multiple RolesVIC