From e-books to Web content, this Kobo will make you want to read more stuff
Australian bookseller Borders has joined the eBook market, launching the $199 Kobo eReader as well as an eBook store on its Web site.
Apple Inc. will not use Adobe Systems Inc.'s e-book digital rights management (DRM) technology, an Adobe executive said on Wednesday.
As e-readers such as the Amazon Kindle continue to rise, so follows the publishing industry's worst nightmare: e-book piracy. For years e-book piracy was the exclusive province of the determined few willing to ferret out mostly nerdy textbook titles ...
South Korea's LG Display has developed a solar panel for an e-book reader.
E-books are doubtless the future of reading, and Sony's newest device, the "Reader Daily Edition" makes good by supporting on open e-book format. But, ouch, the sticker shock!
E-books may have been a niche technology so far, but Google Inc.'s entry into the market could burst the online business wide open.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Kogan Mobile upgrades to 4G network
- Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- MIT uses 4D maps to help robot teams navigate moving obstacles
- A new AMD licensing deal could create more x86 rivals for Intel
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Account Manager - Online MediaNSW
- CCWebOps EngineerVIC
- CCNetwork DesignerVIC
- CCBPM ConsultantVIC
- FTITSM Head of Service Desk & SwitchboardACT
- CCPortfolio Manager - Customer Service SystemVIC
- CCSr System AnalystACT
- FTData AnalystNSW
- CCInteraction & Visual - Web DesignerNSW
- CCSenior Analyst, Applications - GDWVIC
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- FTProject Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCBusiness Project ManagerAsia
- CC.NET Developer (Application production Support)NSW
- CCJava Developer / DevOps | FINEOS Application | Long Term ContractNSW
- CCSnr Technical System Engineer(IBM DB2/WebSphere)160419/STSE/vmtAsia
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCProcurement Contract SpecialistQLD
- FTSenior Revenue Systems Functional AnalystSA
- CCBusiness Data AnalystVIC
- CCDigital Project ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Storage Systems EngineerACT
- CCMarketing Communications Specialist - Global IT CompanyNSW
- FTChange Lead- DigitalVIC
- FTMs Dynamics Nav Support Analyst- Level 1/2WA