From e-books to Web content, this Kobo will make you want to read more stuff
Australian bookseller Borders has joined the eBook market, launching the $199 Kobo eReader as well as an eBook store on its Web site.
Apple Inc. will not use Adobe Systems Inc.'s e-book digital rights management (DRM) technology, an Adobe executive said on Wednesday.
As e-readers such as the Amazon Kindle continue to rise, so follows the publishing industry's worst nightmare: e-book piracy. For years e-book piracy was the exclusive province of the determined few willing to ferret out mostly nerdy textbook titles ...
South Korea's LG Display has developed a solar panel for an e-book reader.
E-books are doubtless the future of reading, and Sony's newest device, the "Reader Daily Edition" makes good by supporting on open e-book format. But, ouch, the sticker shock!
E-books may have been a niche technology so far, but Google Inc.'s entry into the market could burst the online business wide open.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Gallipoli is now an amazing video game
- Battlefield 1 review: Familiar multiplayer wedded to a brilliant WWI campaign
- Microsoft rescues disheveled lady Skypers with its TeleBeauty virtual makeup app
- Samsung releases super-high-capacity 8GB DRAM
- Mars lander goes silent, but scientists remain hopeful
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCSenior Business Analyst - experience in IDAM a MUSTNSW
- FTCustomer Solutions Engineer | Voice | Data | TelcoNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (PC LAN Support) 161020/ITA/652Asia
- FTEmbedded Software EngineerSA
- CCBuild and Release ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical Support Engineer | Cloud | Automation techsNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - HKMAAsia
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCProject SchedulerVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Web Programming) 161013/AP/185Asia
- CCSenior Procurement SpecialistVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL/Web) 161026/AP/632Asia
- CCSiebel DeveloperACT
- FTData AnalystNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager - Site MoveNSW
- CCFront End Developer (UI) - 12 Month ContractNSW
- FTMobile Delivery Manager / Studio LeadNSW
- CCCommunications ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Project Specialist - SchedulingVIC
- CCDevOps EngineerNSW
- FTSenior UX DesignerAsia
- CCChange Manager - Telco projectsNSW
- FTSenior MS Dynamics CRM ConsultantSA
- CCPMO Program CoordinatorNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (PC LAN Support) 161114/ITA/411Asia