Taiwan’s largest computer memory chipmaker on Tuesday forecast a jump in demand for its components in the second quarter of the year as orders from contract computer manufacturers pick up, heralding an all-but-certain DRAM price hikes.
The price of DRAM, the main memory chips inside personal computers, may tick up in coming months as stronger demand for laptop and desktop computers with new microprocessors from Intel and Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) drives stronger PC buying, analy...
The price of DRAM, the main memory inside personal computers, will likely keep falling throughout the first half of next year before a recovery takes hold, analysts and market researchers say.
Prices of DRAM, the main memory chips used in personal computers, fell for the first time in over a year in June as companies increased production and PC vendors toughened their stance on further price increases.
European antitrust regulators fined nine semiconductor manufacturers more than €331 million (US$404 million) on Wednesday following a years-long investigation into price fixing in the market for DRAM memory chips.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Kogan Mobile upgrades to 4G network
- Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- MIT uses 4D maps to help robot teams navigate moving obstacles
- A new AMD licensing deal could create more x86 rivals for Intel
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCInfra Project Manager-Data Center, Cloud, Storage, NetworkNSW
- FTChange Lead- DigitalVIC
- CCMicrosoft Server EngineerWA
- CCBusiness AnalystSA
- CCInfrastructure Solution Designer - Oracle Exadata/ExalogicVIC
- FTTechnical/Team Lead - .NetNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (JAVA/Windows Programming) 160428/AP/143Asia
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- FTProduct Owner - MarketingNSW
- CCCommVault Backp EngineerNSW
- FTWeb DeveloperSA
- CCIntegration Delivery Project ManagerNSW
- CCContract Contract Junior Programmer (JUD-16493-4)Asia
- CCApplication Migration ArchitectACT
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/HTML/SQL) 160421/P/903Asia
- CCSenior IT Business AnalystVIC
- CCFull Stack Developers - JavaNSW
- FTSenior Middleware Lead Shared Services (Support and EngineeringVIC
- CCSenior Automation Tester - MicroservicesNSW
- FTProject Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCContract Programmer (Crystal Report/HTML/SQL) 160428/P/244Asia
- FTSenior Application SpecialistACT
- CCWeb AdministratorACT
- FTHands-on Service Desk Team Lead | Blackburn | Managed Service ProviderVIC