A third version of Downadup has been identified by Symantec, which says the new variant gives infected machines more powerful instructions to disable anti-virus software and analysis tools, among other actions.
Don't get Patrik Runald wrong: the Downadup worm (also called Conficker) has been a big deal.
The worm that's infected millions of Windows PCs is a "very well-engineered" piece of malware, according to one security expert. But researchers still have no clear idea what the hackers plan to do with the collection of computers they've compromised...
The worm that has infected several million Windows PCs is causing havoc because nearly a third of all systems remain unpatched 80 days after Microsoft rolled out an emergency fix, a security expert said Thursday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- Civilization VI review: Learning from some (but not all) of history's mistakes
- Dyn attack: US Senator wants to know why IoT security is so anemic
- Apple's Q4 2016 results: Better than expected with 45.5 million iPhones sold, but revenue continues to slide
- DDoS attack shows dangers of IoT 'running rampant'
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCSenior Systems Engineer - Canberra roleNSW
- FTSecurity Consultant / SMENSW
- FTSolution ArchitectACT
- CCSenior Siebel DeveloperACT
- CCJava Developers - Federal Government experienceNSW
- CCIteration ManagerVIC
- CCProject AdministratorVIC
- CCSenior Siebel DeveloperACT
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTSystems Engineer - Managed Service Provider - No two days are the sameNSW
- CCWeb DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Middleware Specialist MQ/TibcoVIC
- CCInformatica LeadNSW
- CCSolutions Architect (Power of Choice)QLD
- FTSENIOR .Net DEVELOPERQLD
- FTFrontend Developer/DesignerNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse ManagementWA
- FTLinux AdministratorNSW
- CCSenior Digital DesignerNSW
- FTSenior Middleware SpecialistNSW
- CCService Now DeveloperVIC
- CCKofax DeveloperQLD
- TPSoftware Engineer - C++QLD
- CCService Desk Analyst - Major Government Client / ParramattaNSW
- CCData Centre EngineerNSW