Reports this week have reiterated the rumour that Apple is working on a larger iPhone (or two) that could be set to launch in 2014, with two analysts claiming that supply chain research has made them "confident" that a bigger iPhone is coming.
Whether you call it a death, decline, or decimation, the PC and all its variants are quickly succumbing to the rising popularity of tablets.
This week the iOSphere faced the unthinkable: an iPad mini 2 that has the same resolution as the iPad mini 1. Where is innovation when you need it?
The shift toward smaller tablets will accelerate in the second half of the year when a slew of tablet makers, including Apple, introduce new models with screens 8-in. or smaller, said Richard Shim, an analyst with DisplaySearch.
The new iPad mini will launch in the second half of the year and it will have a Retina display but the same processor, according to an analyst.
If multitouch display technology is proliferating, haptic feedback is helping to fuel the trend. Haptics provide tactile feedback to your fingers as you touch a display by vibrating all or part of the display surface.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 3 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
- 5 Parrot Mambo Drone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple offers views on automated car policy, but cagey about its plans
- Watch Dogs 2 review: A fresh, interesting rebirth that ditches the stale Ubisoft formula
- How to shoot a drone out of the sky
- Report: Microsoft's Home Hub will chase Amazon's Echo as a software service
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCTest Lead : Perth BasedNSW
- CCTest Lead : Perth BasedQLD
- FTFull Stack PHP DeveloperQLD
- TPSenior PMO AnalystNSW
- CCAzure/Sharepoint DeveloperQLD
- CCJava API DeveloperTAS
- CCMainframe Developer (with ASP.NET)NSW
- CCSenior Software EngineerACT
- CCAutoCAD Business System Analyst/ GIS, Spatial AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Infrastructure Project ManagerVIC
- CCChange ManagerQLD
- CCRecruitment ConsultantVIC
- FTIT Systems AnalystVIC
- CCSystems Analyst - Web Services.VIC
- FTSenior Financial Planner - BallaratVIC
- TP.NET Developer (Sitecore)QLD
- CCSecurity Consultant (Perth CBD based)QLD
- CCAPI DeveloperOther
- CCPMO Lead/ ManagerNSW
- CCMaster SchedulerVIC
- CCDesktop Support EngineerNSW
- CCSenior PHP DeveloperNSW
- CCService Monitoring Specialist - Information SecurityNSW
- CCTechnical WriterACT