Elan Microelectronics, a Taiwanese designer of touchpad chips and modules, said on Monday it would appeal a ruling in the U.S., after a judge said the company's patent-related claim against Apple revealed no breach of trade laws.
Japan's Asahi Glass will soon begin producing glass for touch panels on smartphones and tablet PCs that is thinner than sheets from competitors. The glass could contribute to making smartphones and tablet PCs thinner and lighter.
Lower-than-normal rainfall around a major technology manufacturing area in Taiwan, the Hsinchu Science Park, has prompted the government to cut water pressure at night and study more stringent measures going forward.
Researchers in Taiwan have obtained patents for a method of making diamond film to resist scratches and fingerprint smudges on the touchscreens of handheld devices such as smartphones, a university official in charge said.
Samsung SDI has agreed to plead guilty and pay a US$32 million fine for its involvement in a price-fixing controversy related to color tubes used in computer monitors, the U.S. Department of Justice said on Friday.
Major display panel manufacturers face a shortage of materials from Japan as the powerful earthquake on Friday has hit their suppliers, companies and analysts said on Tuesday, pointing toward price rises in PCs or mobile phones and a possible slowdow...
Contract manufacturing giant Quanta Computer has joined with 3M to form a new company that will produce advanced touch-screen displays for tablet PCs, netbooks and all-in-one computers.
Touch-screen panels have been around for more than a decade, but it was the 2007 introduction of a multitouch screen in Apple's iPhone that galvanized the market. Now the business is going gangbusters -- as are the innovations that touch-screen manuf...
A government-funded research institute in Taiwan have kicked off a three-year effort to develop cheaper, longer-lasting LED backlights in mobile phones, notebook PCs and television sets, a project manager said on Friday.
A Taiwan court has ordered work to stop expansion at a science park, the latest move in a saga that has pitted environmental groups against the island's normally unchallenged high-tech development, but the government has already planned an appeal.
Sintek Photronic, a Taiwan-based maker of touch panel sensors, has signed with Samsung Mobile Display a deal to help the South Korean company overcome a shortage of smartphone parts.
Sony will soon begin selling a professional monitor that contains the largest commercial organic light-emitting diode (OLED) screen yet produced.
Taiwanese officials are discussing ways to let investors from mainland China buy stakes in the island's LCD panel makers, an economics ministry representative said on Monday. Taiwan is weighing the political risk of Chinese investment against local b...
A subsidiary of AU Optronics, one of Taiwan's top panel makers, will open a solar factory in Taiwan late this year to save money and increase competitiveness in a growing industry.
LG Electronics showed it's serious about 3D in mobile devices on Wednesday, introducing a new 4.3-inch glasses-free 3D screen for mobile devices and a similar prototype 7-inch 3D screen on a mobile TV.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Kogan Mobile upgrades to 4G network
- Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- MIT uses 4D maps to help robot teams navigate moving obstacles
- A new AMD licensing deal could create more x86 rivals for Intel
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTMs Dynamics Nav Support Analyst- Level 1/2WA
- CCSenior Project ManagerVIC
- CCTechnical ExpertVIC
- CCHealthcare Test SpecialistSA
- FTSQL DeveloperNSW
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystVIC
- FTDatabase Administrator / ArchitectNSW
- CCAdobe Experience Manager AEM / CQ5 DeveloperNSW
- CCApplication Migration ArchitectACT
- CCSenior Financial Crime AnalystVIC
- FTSystem EngineerACT
- CCSenior IT Business AnalystVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCFull Stack Developer - Java - Blue Chip CompanyNSW
- CCSenior Technical WriterVIC
- FTTechnical/Team Lead - .NetNSW
- CCContract Contract Junior Programmer (JUD-16493-4)Asia
- CCSql Server Database Administrator (SAP)QLD
- FTSenior Storage Systems EngineerACT
- CCContract Programmer (Crystal Report/HTML/SQL) 160428/P/244Asia
- FTITSM Head of Service Desk & SwitchboardACT
- FTSoftware Design Engineer (Embedded Software)SA
- FTHands-on Service Desk Team Lead | Blackburn | Managed Service ProviderVIC
- CCInfra Project Manager-Data Center, Cloud, Storage, NetworkNSW