Long-awaited talking digital TV set-top boxes have finally been made available for sale in Australia, after a lengthy testing and trial period. The boxes are not yet confirmed as part of the Australian Government's Household Assistance Scheme for the...
One of the contracted installers for the digital TV switchover Household Assistance Scheme has moved to reject comparisons to the Government's controversial home insulation and education infrastructure programs. Skybridge, a satellite and terrestrial...
Digital TV equipment manufacturer Bush Australia has shared details on its 'talking' set top box for digital TV, which is currently in development and testing in conjunction with the Federal Government and low vision services provider Vision Australi...
Several Australian companies are developing 'talking' digital TV set-top boxes that provide synthetic speech descriptions of electronic program guide data, program information and menu options. These digital TV set-top boxes have already been trialle...
The Federal Government's recently-announced $308.8 million funding for the Digital TV Switchover Household Assistance Scheme includes the cost of digital TV set top boxes, installation (including possible antenna replacement), education and ongoing t...
The final stretch of the long-running digital TV switchover has begun for regional Victorian towns like Ballarat and Lorne, with the projected May 5 date for the shut-down of analog TV signals edging ever closer. The Minister for Broadband, Communica...
A spokesperson for the Australian government's Digital Switchover Taskforce has confirmed that television transmission infrastructure in Queensland was not significantly affected by Cyclone Yasi and recent flooding in the area.
Australia’s transition to digital free-to-air television has continued with analog TV signals permanently switched off this week in regional South Australia and Broken Hill.
Communications minister Senator Stephen Conroy has announced a $34 million partnership with regional commercial broadcasters to provide full digital TV services to remote areas across Australia.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Motorola Moto X (2nd Gen) review: Raising the bar
- 2 Xiaomi Mi4 review: Xiaomi's best yet
- 3 Samsung Galaxy Note Edge review: Lightly flawed, Undeniably special
- 4 Sony Xperia Z3 review: The no-frills flagship
- 5 Samsung's Galaxy Alpha review: A peek into the Galaxy S6
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Apple tops Chinese smartphone market for the first time
- DNS hijacking vulnerability affects D-Link DSL router, possibly other devices
- Mobile World Congress rumor mill churns with reports of better screens, cameras
- Privacy tsar to EC: Wrap up EU-US data exchange talks quickly or else
- Mass surveillance 'endangers fundamental human rights,' says study
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.