Long-awaited talking digital TV set-top boxes have finally been made available for sale in Australia, after a lengthy testing and trial period. The boxes are not yet confirmed as part of the Australian Government's Household Assistance Scheme for the...
digital tv switchover
One of the contracted installers for the digital TV switchover Household Assistance Scheme has moved to reject comparisons to the Government's controversial home insulation and education infrastructure programs. Skybridge, a satellite and terrestrial...
Digital TV equipment manufacturer Bush Australia has shared details on its 'talking' set top box for digital TV, which is currently in development and testing in conjunction with the Federal Government and low vision services provider Vision Australi...
Several Australian companies are developing 'talking' digital TV set-top boxes that provide synthetic speech descriptions of electronic program guide data, program information and menu options. These digital TV set-top boxes have already been trialle...
The Federal Government's recently-announced $308.8 million funding for the Digital TV Switchover Household Assistance Scheme includes the cost of digital TV set top boxes, installation (including possible antenna replacement), education and ongoing t...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- nbn on track to meet its financial year plan: Bill Morrow
- Roving Rachel's best crowd-funded travel products that are online right now
- Foxtel, Village and ISPs yet to agree on the cost of blocking pirate sites
- Why Microsoft won't extend the Windows 10 free upgrade offer
- Samsung's Raspberry Pi-like Artik 10 priced higher at $149.99
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- FTSoftware (.Net) DeveloperACT
- FTSenior Network Engineer | National Systems Integrator & MSP | CBD locationNSW
- CCUX Designer and UX ResearcherVIC
- CCMarketing Communications Specialist - Global IT CompanyNSW
- FTProject Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCContract Contract Junior Programmer (JUD-16493-4)Asia
- CCProject Coordinator (urgent) - Digital - Blue chip companyNSW
- CCSr. Iteration ManagerVIC
- CCChange Lead/Senior Change Analyst - Transformation projectNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- CC.NET Developer (Application production Support)NSW
- CCProject Coordinator- PRINCE2 & Portal/Website/Digital bckgNSW
- CCinstructional DesignerACT
- CCJava DeveloperACT
- CCFull Stack Developers - JavaNSW
- FTTechnical Writer - Sydney BasedNSW
- CCSenior Analyst, Applications - GDWVIC
- CCSr. Project Manager - Six SigmaVIC
- FTWeb DeveloperSA
- CCSenior Analyst Designer / AWS and AzureVIC
- CCAzure Consultant/EngineerQLD
- CCSenior Project Manager, Portfolio Services ManagementNSW
- FTDigital Account Manager - Online MediaNSW
- FTPHP/MySQL DeveloperVIC