Long-awaited talking digital TV set-top boxes have finally been made available for sale in Australia, after a lengthy testing and trial period. The boxes are not yet confirmed as part of the Australian Government's Household Assistance Scheme for the...
digital tv switchover
One of the contracted installers for the digital TV switchover Household Assistance Scheme has moved to reject comparisons to the Government's controversial home insulation and education infrastructure programs. Skybridge, a satellite and terrestrial...
Digital TV equipment manufacturer Bush Australia has shared details on its 'talking' set top box for digital TV, which is currently in development and testing in conjunction with the Federal Government and low vision services provider Vision Australi...
Several Australian companies are developing 'talking' digital TV set-top boxes that provide synthetic speech descriptions of electronic program guide data, program information and menu options. These digital TV set-top boxes have already been trialle...
The Federal Government's recently-announced $308.8 million funding for the Digital TV Switchover Household Assistance Scheme includes the cost of digital TV set top boxes, installation (including possible antenna replacement), education and ongoing t...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Upgrading to SAP Hana? This new tool can help prepare your code
- The eyes have it: How one startup aims to change the future of VR
- Gaming on Linux, Steam machines set to soar with DirectX competitor Vulkan
- Google didn't abuse its position in Streetmap case, UK court rules
- New Chromebook won't break with 365-pound person standing on it
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- FTFunctional Business Analyst - Commodities and FX DomainNSW
- CCHybris Developer - Global ConsultancyNSW
- CCiOS Developer - New AppNSW
- FTDatabase AdministratorVIC
- CCSharepoint AdministratorVIC
- CCSolution Architect_Microsoft ArchitectureACT
- FTNetwork Engineer | Canberra | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projectsVIC
- FTOracle Middleware ConsultantNSW
- CCService EngineerVIC
- CCSolution Architect - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- CCApplication Support AnalystNSW
- FTJava or Ruby Web DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Unified Communications Consultant - National IT ServicesNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (MSSQL/.Net/Mobile App) 160122/SA/vhaAsia
- CCJava DeveloperVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- CCSAP CRM Specialist- ABAPACT
- CCPortfolio-Program SchedulerNSW
- CCPython Web Developer - DevOPS EnvironmentVIC
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- FTProject Manager | Permanent position | NV1 NV2 cleared | Defence | Great cultureACT
- FTLinux AdministratorVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystACT