I've previously suggested you should format your memory card using your digital camera's format command rather than simply deleting the photos. In fact, some photo pros format their card each and every time they are done taking a batch of photos. (I ...
In theory, using your camera's flash is simple. You use it when there isn't enough light to take a picture with natural light alone.
The folks at the Open Camera Controller (OCC), a system that uses an older Nintendo DS handheld to provide more options to photographers seeking to get the most out of their DSLR cameras.
A very long time ago--back before there were high-resolution color monitors and digital cameras--computer geeks amused themselves by arranging text on the computer screen into rudimentary, two-color pictures known as ASCII art.
Frequently asked photo questions from readers.
Photos are like snowflakes: No two are exactly alike. Nonetheless, we all encounter the same problems with our digital photos, over and over again: red-eye, digital noise, bad exposure, blurry images, and distracting elements.
There was a time when I'd explain the basics of digital photography by describing the memory card as "digital film."
Most people think of photography as a daytime hobby. When it gets dark out, perhaps you'll pop the flash up and take some snapshots, but that's about it.
The other day, as we were looking at our Christmas photos, my daughter said, "The background is too cluttered because of the tree and presents. You should take me out of this picture and put me against a plain white backdrop." I pointed out that 10 y...
I love photography because it is half art, half science. The art half you can acquire through practice, experimentation, and taking inspiration from other people's work.
In the old days, there were more graphics file formats in use than languages spoken at the United Nations, including BMP, PCX, TIFF, TGA, and a few dozen more.
When it comes to embedding a watermark--a partially transparent text overlay, typically used to identify that an image is a sample, or credit the source--in digital images, almost any image editing program worth its salt can get this common task acco...
Here's an interesting tidbit from the world of science: Every light source, from the sun to a candle to a light bulb, puts out a somewhat different range of colors. What looks like pure white under one kind of light appears blue or red in a different...
Halloween is behind us, and you know what that means: The holiday season has descended.
It's no secret that the right frame, finished in the perfect color and style, can improve almost any photo.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 3 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
- 5 Parrot Mambo Drone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel, Microsoft renew 'Wintel' partnership with Project Evo and VR specs for PCs
- New Windows 10 Insider Build allows you to shut down your PC with your voice
- Microsoft-Qualcomm deal finally puts Windows 10 and Win32 apps on ARM devices
- Halo 5: Forge's multiplayer is now more accessible on PC with a new custom game browser
- Ubisoft's 30th anniversary putters across the finish line with free copies of Assassin's Creed III
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCSenior Technology SpecialistACT
- TPSenior UI Front End DeveloperQLD
- CCProject Manager - Cabling, Network Sys Design and DeliveryNSW
- CCProject Manager- Office 365 and Core Azure servicesNSW
- CCTechnical Solutions Architect -Cloud /Work Location - CanberraNSW
- FTSENIOR DEVELOPERQLD
- CCMiddleware SpecialistACT
- CCPMO CoordinatorNSW
- FTSenior Analyst ProgrammerNSW
- CCMainframe Developer (with ASP.NET)SA
- CCLotus Notes DeveloperNSW
- CCCapacity and Performance AnalystVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst - SQLNSW
- CCSenior Integration DeveloperOther
- FTSEM / PPC SpecialistNSW
- TPProject Coordinator - IT Projects - State GovernmentVIC
- CCSenior Software Engineer - C/C++NSW
- CCERP LeadWA
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Finance - CBDNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTUX DesignerVIC
- FTSenior Technical LeadNSW
- CCSecurity Consultant (Perth CBD based)VIC
- FTProject Manager (Cyber Security) - Permanent - IT Services - North Ryde areaNSW